Where to find torque specs for Emira Suspension

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m having a little work done on my Emira’s suspension. Does anyone have the torque specs for the various fittings?

I’m having a little work done on my Emira’s suspension. Does anyone have the torque specs for the various fittings?

Do you have the V6 or the I4 Emira?

I ask because I have information for the v6 only, some mounting points for the i4 suspension are completely different than the v6 and may have different torque values.

Do you have the V6 or the I4 Emira?

I ask because I have information for the v6 only, some mounting points for the i4 suspension are completely different than the v6 and may have different torque values.
I’ve got the I4. I downloaded the V6 service manual (after I posted) it seems there isn’t an I4 version available yet. I used the V6 specs, the stuff we had to remove looked identical, so used those specs. Was only removing the shocks.

We later removed the front callipers to skim the discs, the manual states the 2 bolts holding the calliper should be replaced if removed. Is that really necessary, or maybe that’s a bit overkill?

I’ve got the I4. I downloaded the V6 service manual (after I posted) it seems there isn’t an I4 version available yet. I used the V6 specs, the stuff we had to remove looked identical, so used those specs. Was only removing the shocks.

We later removed the front callipers to skim the discs, the manual states the 2 bolts holding the calliper should be replaced if removed. Is that really necessary, or maybe that’s a bit overkill?

A large number of the bolts are identified as renew. I think it’s a precaution, it doesn’t hurt, but it costs more. In my head, as long as it’s not torqued to yield then it’s most likely fine to re-use.

A large number of the bolts are identified as renew. I think it’s a precaution, it doesn’t hurt, but it costs more. In my head, as long as it’s not torqued to yield then it’s most likely fine to re-use.
Yeah I figured that it’s not essential. It’s not so much the cost, but rather the hassle of sourcing the parts.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back