• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Windows down with car locked

Biggles of Norwich

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Emira was locked outside my front door with windows up yesterday. This morning, front door bell rang, a chap (Lotus employee) out for a jog very kindly asked if I knew that the windows on my Emira were down. I didn't, as I had left it locked with the windows up. The last time I touched it was yesterday at 11am when I opened the boot (or trunk) to take out my waterproof jacket. Last night we had heavy rain, and the inside of the car is very wet. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I have tried to get both windows down by pressing and holding buttons on the remote, but none seem to have that effect. Long pressing the lock button raises both windows, which is documented and a common function on modern cars.
The chap said you were lucky the alarm didn't go off, but it would have been good if it had! Now trying to figure out the best way to dry the interior out.

• Wow
Reactions: _w_
Long press unlock will roll the windows down, managed to do that with the key in the pants once while fiddling around in the trunk

Long press unlock will roll the windows down, managed to do that with the key in the pants once while fiddling around in the trunk
I tried the long press unlock again and this time it did drop the windows so it almost certainly was a key in the pocket thing. Bit of a flaw in the design of the key because my VW drops the windows on long press unlock but I've never had it do that and the key is always in my pocket.

One of these :

will help reduce the pocket thing quite a bit (but not entirely), and some reusable car dehumidifier bags from Amazon (Sorry - Amazon links not working on here for some reason) should help with any residual moisture once you've had a go with towels, wet 'n' dry vacuum, etc.....

If only it were Summer in Norwich..... :rolleyes:

Last edited: