• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Windshield internal crack

gusgus12

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else had this issue. The windshield seems cracked right where the rearview mirror sits. Car has 2.8k km and has been babied; My dealer says the warranty would never cover this...
img20240303204229-jpg.38045

Attachments

• IMG20240303204229.jpg
    IMG20240303204229.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 790

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm surprised this wouldn't be covered.
We had a similar thing happen on my wife's Maserati. It was fully covered under warranty.

OP
G

gusgus12

Reaction score
We had a similar thing happen on my wife's Maserati. It was fully covered under warranty.
Hope it will be; it's up to Lotus I guess but my dealer is saying it's unlikely.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If not warranty cover, then glass cover on your insurance might cover it (probably with a small excess if your cover is anything like we get in the UK on most policies) if you have it ??

OP
G

gusgus12

Reaction score
Hope it will be; it's up to Lotus I guess but my dealer is saying it's unlikely.
If not warranty cover, then glass cover on your insurance might cover it (probably with a small excess if your cover is anything like we get in the UK on most policies) if you have it ??
As I am in Cyprus, the only insurance I could get on the car involved a 5k excess; might as well pay out of pocket...

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Since there are two others with cracks at the exact same location I'd revisit the warranty topic with your dealer if you actually paid out of pocket

OP
G

gusgus12

Reaction score
Since there are two others with cracks at the exact same location I'd revisit the warranty topic with your dealer if you actually paid out of pocket
Which is the other one? at this point I need to get a lawyer involved to email Lotus...