• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Wing mirror view - drivers side

Beachbum

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Being 6'4", I have the seat pretty much as far back as it will go. Having a 36" inside leg being the reason :)
Moving the wing mirrors as far out as they will go, still leaves me with half the drivers side wing mirror being taken up by the rear wheel arch.
Anyone else have this issue?
Anyone have a solution?
Most of the time, not a major issue, but on dual carriageways is it. Almost caught me out Sunday, so want to try and sort it out if its possible

A bit taller than you so probably have the same sitting position. That was a major concern for me before I got the car. The roadshow demo and both of the cars I sat in on test drives all had that similar issue with the side mirror view. (half the mirror taken up by rear fender) I was pleasantly surprised that when I got my actual car the mirror seemed to adjust further out than the previous ones. I actually have it a touch in from maximum.
No idea if there is actual variance or design change on my FE2.0 or the seating position I use now was a bit diff than before. Adjusting the mirror angle in the motor housing would depend on the design of the mirror to the mirror housing motor if hard mounted or its in a moveable cradle. I was glad I didnt need to look into it.
EDIT: 12-13 of the Service manual shows how the mirror attaches. Its just clipped in and flat so not and easily adjustable like i hoped.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back