• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Winter Delivery

Joshbr32

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hopefully this time its for real and there isn't another delay on my car, but my dealer said my car ETA is around November. While I'm super stoked for it, I do have some concerns about getting my car delivered when there would already be or soon to be snow on the ground.

Kind of worried about not being able to break it in properly/ find out all the issues before having it sit for the winter

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on what I should do?

Hopefully this time its for real and there isn't another delay on my car, but my dealer said my car ETA is around November. While I'm super stoked for it, I do have some concerns about getting my car delivered when there would already be or soon to be snow on the ground.

Kind of worried about not being able to break it in properly/ find out all the issues before having it sit for the winter

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on what I should do?
Our winters have been coming late year over year so you may get a few good weeks in. I personally bought snow tires for my Emira so I can drive it when it gets cold. Last winter the roads were clear until January and if I had winter tires for my 488, I could have two more months of driving. Just be careful with cup2 , they don’t work well is cool and wet.

I'm in the same situation. I asked if they could store it in a heated facility over the winter and they said that shouldn't be a problem... My dealer is SLC and I live in Montana