• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Winter Tyres

HethelYellow

Reaction score
So having spent nearly two years on my Cup2s and surviving (my Emira is my daily driver so out in all weathers) the biblical rain in UK today has persuaded me to put my Winter tyres on early.

When I sold my 911 earlier in the year I was pleasantly surprised to find the tyre dimensions exactly the same as the Emira so I kept my half worn winter tyres from the Pork (Pirelli Pzero Sottozero Winter) and have this afternoon had them fitted on my Emira. These tyres were epic on the Porsche, rock steady in the wet and amazing in the snow (three trips to the Alps in the 911 with them on).

I am not sure about tyre pressures though. I expected the Winters to soften the 'Sports' suspension set up slightly but it actually feels quite hard. I have put 29psi in fronts and 32 in rears.

Will be interesting to see how she drives over the winter with these on. Have already noticeably lost some of the turn in / feel in the steering but happy to sacrifice that for the hopefully improved capability to make reasonable (sensible ofc) progress in all weathers as opposed to my average speed on the M4 this morning of about 50 mph!

Any thoughts on the right pressures to be running?

So having spent nearly two years on my Cup2s and surviving (my Emira is my daily driver so out in all weathers) the biblical rain in UK today has persuaded me to put my Winter tyres on early.

When I sold my 911 earlier in the year I was pleasantly surprised to find the tyre dimensions exactly the same as the Emira so I kept my half worn winter tyres from the Pork (Pirelli Pzero Sottozero Winter) and have this afternoon had them fitted on my Emira. These tyres were epic on the Porsche, rock steady in the wet and amazing in the snow (three trips to the Alps in the 911 with them on).

I am not sure about tyre pressures though. I expected the Winters to soften the 'Sports' suspension set up slightly but it actually feels quite hard. I have put 29psi in fronts and 32 in rears.

Will be interesting to see how she drives over the winter with these on. Have already noticeably lost some of the turn in / feel in the steering but happy to sacrifice that for the hopefully improved capability to make reasonable (sensible ofc) progress in all weathers as opposed to my average speed on the M4 this morning of about 50 mph!

Any thoughts on the right pressures to be running?
From the US manual:
Winter Tyres Position Sidewall Designation Marking
Michelin Pilot Alpin Front 235/35 ZR20 - 92W XL† None - Standard Michelin
Rear 285/30 ZR20 - 99W XL† None - Standard Michelin
Recommended Inflation Pressures Position Cold Inflation Pressure
Front 2.6 bar (37 lb/in²)
Rear 2.5 bar (36 lb/in²)
Snow Chains Position
Konig CG - 9 105 Rear

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back