• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

10 second video of a dark blue Emira in a showroom... Has anyone else seen this yet?

If you've seen shadow grey in person you know how blue it looks.
On a wet day in the UK it didn’t look very blue to me!
9CC8FC8E-6910-48D5-B741-33EFE7C7E69B.jpeg

If you've seen shadow grey in person you know how blue it looks.
I did see it, and blue just isn't part of the scene. Interior lighting and background tones can play havoc with the color sense, aside from camera capabilities.

I did see it, and blue just isn't part of the scene. Interior lighting and background tones can play havoc with the color sense, aside from camera capabilities.
Wow 7 pages about a color that looks blue. Shadow grey has blue flakes… It’s shadow grey!
On to more important things. Does anyone know the winning loto numbers? Jajaja 😜

Wow 7 pages about a color that looks blue. Shadow grey has blue flakes… It’s shadow grey!
On to more important things. Does anyone know the winning loto numbers? Jajaja 😜
What? We're only on page 5, but we can probably make 7 if we keep it up! 😄 I wanna know more about the guy who has a lot of color insight and has the Saab avatar.

I saw the color plates in Dallas, and there is definitely blue in it. However, I only saw the blue when I took the plates outside and moved them around to get the metallic flake to activate in the very bright, direct sunlight. Otherwise, it looked very shadow gray as advertised. My opinion: in the bright, direct sun, and when moving, it can claim some blue. Otherwise, not so much. For what it's worth, my last 2 cars have been gray, I love gray cars, but went green after seeing the plate. It just didn't feel right to me this go round.

I just adjusted the saturation. look again :)
Well I was there and I saw it, sat in it and spoke to the development staff. Doesn’t matter how you play with the image, it still didn’t look blue!
However with your adjustments it does look pretty blue, even to the point that it looks like there are blue LEDs tucked up under the bonnet vents!

Last edited:
Well I was there and I saw it, sat in it and spoke to the development staff. Doesn’t matter how you play with the image, it still didn’t look blue!
However with your adjustments it does look pretty blue, even to the point that it looks like there are blue LEDs tucked up under the bonnet vents!
It just only saturation. It was brings out the colors trapped inside. Maybe we are advocating the same thing. Do you think there is another vehicle in dark blue or not?

I saw the grey on roadshow and not for one moment did I see any blue at all. However it was only indoors. I doubt these pictures very much.

I just adjusted the saturation. look again :)
Saturation is excessive and distorts true tone. See what it did to the clothing. Someone might argue til they're Blue in the face, yet the original car is Shadow Grey.

I had completely written off Shadow Gray from the beginning, but the more I see of it the more I think it could be a really beautiful color...
Look at the Bangkok video. I you like dark cars this one’s beautiful 🤩