• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

19" rims/smaller tires bad idea? Any pic of Emira on 19s?

Zero issues there, I've put larger 6 piston calipers and larger rotors under plenty of 18s in the past. There might be some 18" wheel designs with barrels that are more restrictive though.
I agree there will be loads of options and these are AP racing callipers so not the biggest out there for Thor performance. 2018 RS3 callipers were the same as the R8s and fitted under loads of 18s.

I hope your 18s work well and I’ll be following your progress. 👍🏻

I'm also curious about moving to 19s for weight savings and gaining a bit more sidewall for comfort (I'm on the touring suspension/Goodyears).

Thinking either Greg's forged Y-10 offering or Signature Wheels SV-104 in 19" in the same widths as stock. I like the idea of pushing the wheels out ever so slightly (5-8mm) to improve the stance and gain some concavity. Given the +10mm fitments we are seeing with spacers I'm thinking 5-8 would be the sweet spot for me. Understand both vendors can provide custom offsets. Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02 and MichelinPilot Sport 4S are both available in 245/40/ZR19 front and 295/35/ZR19 rear which according to the Powerdog Industries' tire size calculator would be .1% and .6% larger front/rear (negligible). Take your pick. I have the Michelins on my Tesla and love them but the Conti's seem to get solid marks as well. Need to find a gloss/satin gunmetal/titanium finish that matches the color of the brake dust so I don't have to wipe them down every day!! :cautious: This a street only car for me.

Am I forgetting anything? For now I won't lower the car...I drive it daily and have scraped 3-4 times in 2500 miles (car delivered May 17 so I'm running a 15k/yr pace :) ). Can't imagine going much lower even if it looks better. Fast road Nitrons are a possibility down the road also for weight savings/control/comfort but the stock touring setup is hard to fault for my application. Appreciate any feedback...