2024 Oil change

Juan3212

Reaction score
just did my 1k Oil change does anyone know how to reset the oil counter on the lotus emira v6 , I tried the the hit the ignition (did not start the car) held down the reset at the end them started the car, I got a yellow caution signal but no maintenance menu to reset any ideas ?

just did my 1k Oil change does anyone know how to reset the oil counter on the lotus emira v6 , I tried the the hit the ignition (did not start the car) held down the reset at the end them started the car, I got a yellow caution signal but no maintenance menu to reset any ideas ?
1729050817144.png

You have start the process from "ignition mode 1". All other modes will not get you the wrench sign. It took me 10 or more attempts until I finally got it right (the driver door needs to remain open).

Ignition Modes
To change the ignition mode from mode 0 (inactive, with the vehicle unlocked and driver’s door opened), press the START/STOP ENGINE button WITHOUT depressing the clutch (manual powertrain vehicles) or brake pedal (automatic powertrain vehicles).

Ignition mode I (Convenience)
With the keyfob detected, a brief press on the START/STOP ENGINE to change to mode I from 0.

Ignition mode II (Active)
With the keyfob detected, a long press on the START/STOP ENGINE for around 5 seconds to change to ignition mode II from modes 0 or I.

You have start the process from "ignition mode 1". All other modes will not get you the wrench sign. It took me 10 or more attempts until I finally got it right (the driver door needs to remain open).

Ignition Modes
To change the ignition mode from mode 0 (inactive, with the vehicle unlocked and driver’s door opened), press the START/STOP ENGINE button WITHOUT depressing the clutch (manual powertrain vehicles) or brake pedal (automatic powertrain vehicles).

With the keyfob detected, a brief press on the START/STOP ENGINE to change to mode I from 0.

With the keyfob detected, a long press on the START/STOP ENGINE for around 5 seconds to change to ignition mode II from modes 0 or I.

Ignition Modes

Now we are getting some where so start the convince mode with the door open that I did not do ... so ir goes as follows leave the driver side door open hit the start and stop keep it in covinanve 1 hold the rest button on the left where the lights are , holding the reset hit the ignition to turn over the car I have the v6 stick FE

I reset mine after trying a number of times. I'd actually given up and went back to it the next day to see that I had managed it.
My dealer failed to reset it for me, so I gave it a shot myself, failed several times and gave up for a few days. Tried it one last time and it worked, but weirdly it had somehow accounted for previous miles driven as it did not reset to zero (it was something like 54 miles already). Very weird.

Anyway, for anyone having trouble with it, the problem I had was that I thought I was doing it in Ignition mode I but it was Ignition mode II.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back