• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

2025 Deadline with Production starting in 2023?

At the moment Lotus are quoting 70-75 weeks lead time for a deposit placed today in the UK. Of course the US allocation process works slightly differently, so a US deposit placed today could be more or less than that, but it gives a decent indication.

Phasing out of the V6 is most likely to be in late 2025, as the EU7 emissions regulations are 2025/26. There might be some delays or concessions, plus Lotus might continue to sell the V6 outside the EU if there is demand. I think this is less likely, as the Type 135 EV sportscar is due to launch in 2025 and will be built at Hethel, so they’re likely to want to switch production capacity.

I think this all means if you’ve already placed a deposit then you should get a V6. As Lotustoronto has said, once demo cars are with dealers and customer cars are on the roads I think the number of deposits will increase quickly. So the V6 could sell out by the end of this year. My expectation is Lotus will declare a deadline for V6 deposits, rather than taking deposits and not telling people about V6 unavailability until later.

why not buy a 718 and trade it in when you get your Emira? They keep good value and you'll have checked 2 boxes on your bucket list :)

Last edited:
Back