A couple of questions on Emira

3A3968M

Reaction score
I’ve been enjoying my car now for nearly 2 month. I am coming from a 2021 BMW M2 Competition.
First question - brake dust.
I hated it on my M2C I hate it even more on the Emira. I’m going to ceramic coat my wheels and the exterior of the brake calipers for easier cleaning. But it’s handful, I wash the car, take it for a spin and the wheels are dirty with the brake dust after a 20 mile drive.
Secondly, I have my car optioned with the GPS tracker, but I don’t even know how to track it. On my M2C the GPS location of my car was always available via the BMW Connected app, but of course if you turn of the GPS in the car’s settings the location is no longer available. On the Lotus there is a GPS tracker installed as a paid option but I don’t know how to use it. I understand the AirTags is another option and will be used as a supplement to the current system but I’d like to get the installed GPS tracking capabilities figured out.
Third - whistling noise with the A/C on.
It sounds like an accessories belt or a pulley high pitched noice coming front the front air vents area after the car has been driven for a bit.
Anyone is experiencing this on their cars?
I know it’s a handful of questions and maybe separate threads is a better way to address it but if you guys know a solution to one of these please share.

I’ve been enjoying my car now for nearly 2 month. I am coming from a 2021 BMW M2 Competition.
First question - brake dust.
I hated it on my M2C I hate it even more on the Emira. I’m going to ceramic coat my wheels and the exterior of the brake calipers for easier cleaning. But it’s handful, I wash the car, take it for a spin and the wheels are dirty with the brake dust after a 20 mile drive.
Secondly, I have my car optioned with the GPS tracker, but I don’t even know how to track it. On my M2C the GPS location of my car was always available via the BMW Connected app, but of course if you turn of the GPS in the car’s settings the location is no longer available. On the Lotus there is a GPS tracker installed as a paid option but I don’t know how to use it. I understand the AirTags is another option and will be used as a supplement to the current system but I’d like to get the installed GPS tracking capabilities figured out.
Third - whistling noise with the A/C on.
It sounds like an accessories belt or a pulley high pitched noice coming front the front air vents area after the car has been driven for a bit.
Anyone is experiencing this on their cars?
I know it’s a handful of questions and maybe separate threads is a better way to address it but if you guys know a solution to one of these please share.

If you are the first owner of the car you should have had logon credentials emailed to you.

If you are a second/subsequent owner you can make a request to take over the tracker here : https://scorpiontrack.com/new-vehicle-owner/

Lotus tracker web portal here : https://lotus.scorpiontrack.com/home/login

Lotus tracker app for iOS here : https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/lotus-vehicle-tracker/id1522877740

Lotus tracker app for Android here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scorpionauto.scorpionapp.lotus&hl=da&gl=US&pli=1

Top Tip - as long as your phone is compatible - set the app as a phone tag and leave the tracker tag in a faraday bag at home (except when taking the car in for service, etc.) - app needs to be running in the background to work as a phone tag...

Last edited:
You are lucky your AC works. :rolleyes:
So you want it silent AND working?! There's just no pleasing some people...

EDIT: To contribute more to the conversation, yeah the brake dust thing bugs me too. I'm keep an ear out for what @kitkat reports regarding his swap to EBC RedStuff pads for less dusting.

With my '21 Evora GT 410 Sport I changed the OEM Lotus pads for EBC Red Stuff pretty soon.
The dust amount on the wheels is reduced, however some dust always remain.
Especially as the GT 410 Sport has the shiny black rims
After every drive i clean the rims with a towel.......it takes only a couple of minutes.
The stopping/braking power of the Red Stuff is excellent; I do not notice some significant difference with the OEM pads.

EVORA 13 19879520-12.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back