• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Air con known issue -no fix yet [EDIT: now with official fix]

Absolutely. Mine was broken from day one and I didn’t know. Just thought the AC performance was subpar on this car. After it was fixed it almost blew me out the windows 😂

Reported video of @Kimmax after the fan repair:

1716562721410.gif

🤣

I have had the new resistor pack and rain diverters fitted for a month now, I have driven about 1200 miles in that time, through some heavy rain as well as repeat car washes all with no issues.

The AC works without issue on all settings now, bearing in mind this is 3rd repair and previous 2 only lasted a few weeks.

Result 👍🙂

I have had the new resistor pack and rain diverters fitted for a month now, I have driven about 1200 miles in that time, through some heavy rain as well as repeat car washes all with no issues.

The AC works without issue on all settings now, bearing in mind this is 3rd repair and previous 2 only lasted a few weeks.

Result 👍🙂
Great news, I also had a new resistor pack and rain diverters fitted about a month ago but I'm still washing it carefully and haven't been out in heavy rain since.

Actually edit that, I don't think I had the 'new' resistor pack fitted I think they fitted the old type but covered it in sealant. B&C assured me that they hadn't had any fail after doing that (even without the rain diverters), so we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
No one has any photos of the new rain diverter? Sad!!!

I've just had the rain shield added to my Emira. Have been told it's more of a "mat" than a diverter. The dealer said that Lotus were working on a longer term solution / component that would be the subject of a second recall on it. There's also been a software update to the air con at the same time (not sure if it's related to the water shield).

Last edited:
Are the last four digits of the VIN sequential for build date? My VIN is SCCLEKAX2RHB11901 for example. 1901 is lower than 2178, so is my car included in the TSB and still needs to have the diaper installed?

Are the last four digits of the VIN sequential for build date? My VIN is SCCLEKAX2RHB11901 for example. 1901 is lower than 2178, so is my car included in the TSB and still needs to have the diaper installed?
We tried figuring it out in another thread and the answer seems to be no. Kinda sequential but not really.
Just ask your dealer if your car has pending TSBs, they will know best.

No one has any photos of the new rain diverter? Sad!!!
Not as sad as you’ll be when you actually see it:

IMG_9247.jpeg

A sheet of rubber stuffed up under the screen.

Complete with a channel to collect water.

And if access is required to the fusebox it’ll have to be dragged out and stuffed back in afterwards.

I didn’t like the look of it so tidied mine up:

IMG_9252.jpeg

Last edited:
If it works as intended I don’t care what it looks like. Being functional is more important to me than being pretty in this case. You’ll never see it unless you’re having to do repairs.

View attachment 46757

And if access is required to the fusebox it’ll have to be dragged out and stuffed back in afterwards.

View attachment 46759
1000026023.gif

Also how was that a ten hour fix?

Wonder if US fix is the same? Mine goes in on the 15th of July to get fitted. I will try to get a picture and info on it.

View attachment 46757

View attachment 46759

Hmmm, looks like they actually remove quite a bit of parts and the cover/mat is pretty large in size.