• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Air Filters?

I am running the K&N. Induction noise and supercharger sound are increased but only noticeable when the windows are down and you’re on the throttle. It sounds great and especially good in combination with the 3rd cat delete. In sport or track mode it is absolutely a riot yet very quiet on tour.

I am going to be consistent on oil changes and replace the K&N instead of reoiling. I don’t anticipate any issues.
Can you really hear the difference by changing only the air filter? I ordered the Eventuri intake and will install it soon, but not any air filters so if it does change the intake sound, I am going to order one too.

Can you really hear the difference by changing only the air filter? I ordered the Eventuri intake and will install it soon, but not any air filters so if it does change the intake sound, I am going to order one too.

The Eventuri intake utilizes a cone shaped intake where the stock airbox used a traditional panel filter. You can't use the K&N with the Eventuri.

Just replacing the panel filter with a K&N (or other aftermarket filter) will slightly increase induction noise.

The Eventuri intake utilizes a cone shaped intake where the stock airbox used a traditional panel filter. You can't use the K&N with the Eventuri.

Just replacing the panel filter with a K&N (or other aftermarket filter) will slightly increase induction noise.
Oh, thanks, I am stupid :D

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back