• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Ambient Lighting Question

Raskits

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is there any way to keep the ambient lighting on for the footwell, dash, or door handles only? Kind of a waste for them to just work when opening doors.

I know I can turn them all on with the second button on the top but the rear interior lights makes it too bright. Worse case can remove the LED bulb or fuse for it. 🤷

It’s a shame the lighting can’t do more in the setting, although I’m sure someone will be able to make changes, considering how cheap lighting is.
Hopefully someone will bring out upgrades soon.

I was wondering if there are any tools that you plug into the OBD to change this so the ambient lighting for the footwell and dash stays on while driving? Could be cool.

Yea, I wish the ambient lighting was better. Having owned some recent MB cars, I really like the colorful ambient lighting they put in their cars. Really livens up the mood for night driving. I know it's not for every body, but I really like it.

Yea, I wish the ambient lighting was better. Having owned some recent MB cars, I really like the colorful ambient lighting they put in their cars. Really livens up the mood for night driving. I know it's not for every body, but I really like it.
Right, I would be happy with only the footwell and dashboard being lit at night, it's a shame that it only works when you open the door, I will try to contact Lotus HQ and ask about it.

Right, I would be happy with only the footwell and dashboard being lit at night, it's a shame that it only works when you open the door, I will try to contact Lotus HQ and ask about it.
Agree, and I particularly find it odd that they prioritized the constant lighting of the exposed manual gear linkage, which is nice but essentially not even visible to the car's occupiers, instead of the footwell and door panels, which are. This does seem like an easy add-on feature, although I suspect that Lotus HQ is not even going to entertain tackling it. This looks more like a potential development by an aftermarket supplier.

Last edited:
Agree, and I particularly find it odd that they prioritized the constant lighting of the exposed manual gear linkage, which is nice but essentially not even visible to the car's occupiers, instead of the footwell and door panels, which are. This does seem like an easy add-on feature, although I suspect that Lotus HQ is not even going to entertain tackling it. This looks more like a potential development by an aftermarket supplier.
Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 16.10.26.png