• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

And after all the other news this week...

😅
Totally.
But if you get sold a dream and it turns out to be a FULL lemon, then it's a disappointment. Not that I care anymore 🤣
And I'm not over thinking it, I honestly thought this car could have been something truly special.
This could have been a modern Integrale, an E30 M3, a 964 RS
That's the rub
Truly special and this price point don't go together. Nowadays truly special is either old and expensive and new and hard to get (and often expensive too). Maybe wait for a final edition or so but will likely 30k more.

Truly special and this price point don't go together. Nowadays truly special is either old and expensive and new and hard to get (and often expensive too). Maybe wait for a final edition or so but will likely 30k more.
That's simply not true.
Some truly great cars have been created for sub 80k that's for sure (i can list them if you want!).
I'm even driving one now and it's 33k...
Anyway I'm not here to bash on the Emira, I hope the production version manages to move on the thrills from the Evora

😅
Totally.
But if you get sold a dream and it turns out to be a FULL lemon, then it's a disappointment. Not that I care anymore 🤣
And I'm not over thinking it, I honestly thought this car could have been something truly special.
This could have been a modern Integrale, an E30 M3, a 964 RS
That's the rub
How do you know it’s not? Nobody has driven a final version, when you do decide.

And thats before I take into account the disingenuous way I feel I have been treated by the brand.
I never wanted it to be like this, but nothing is changing for the better. I just hope everyone gets a fully sorted car and Lotus have spares available in case of issues. And finally wake up and treat their customers like valued brand ambassadors and loyalists rather than chattel

you sound like you just got diagnosed with terminal cancer.......but then I realized its just that your EMIRA order is behind schedule due to supply chain issues...... my bad.

oh sorry to hear the bad news...........about the delays on your EMIRA order.

feel better, and prayers

How do you know it’s not? Nobody has driven a final version, when you do decide.
Indeed. But enough of my peers have already driven the pre production cars, that I know it's not a game changer.
I just hope they can actually sort an error free car by the end of the month. I'd say its borderline at this point, which is a worry for any early adopter.

you sound like you just got diagnosed with terminal cancer.......but then I realized its just that your EMIRA order is behind schedule due to supply chain issues...... my bad.

oh sorry to hear the bad news...........about the delays on your EMIRA order.

feel better, and prayers
It's been a full year + and counting of NOT driving something special. I'm not the only one.
It's a disappointment that is all.
I have plenty of other positives in my life.
Cheers for the concern tho 😅

It's been a full year + and counting of NOT driving something special. I'm not the only one.
It's a disappointment that is all.
I have plenty of other positives in my life.
Cheers for the concern tho 😅
you live in Derby, with a football club? or no football club? I dont think there are too many positives really are there? haha...

Nice to be nice at the weekend!

you live in Derby, with a football club? or no football club? I dont think there are too many positives really are there? haha...

Nice to be nice at the weekend!
Nottingham Forest have just been promoted to the Premier League.
I prefer rugby 🏉 though #mansport😅

, but I'm not expecting it to be life changing at this point. And thats before I take into account the disingenuous way I feel I have been treated by this GIRL.
I never wanted it to be like this, but nothing is changing for the better. I just hope everyone gets a fully sorted GIRLFRIEND and Lotus have others available in case of issues. And finally wake up and treat their BOYFRIENDS like valued brand ambassadors and loyalists rather than chattel

Sounds like she never gave you the attention you needed .......and you were never appreciated. Sounds like you wanted something more serious than what the relationship was.

Love lost is better than never to have loved at all.

Nottingham Forest have just been promoted to the Premier League.
I prefer rugby 🏉 though #mansport😅
yes they have, and I am a big clough fan, some of his interviews are classic TV...... he was the Leicestershire of the 70's 80's and even better as they won the champions league, as it was then, and defended it too.... just like my team had previously ;).
good look with your man sport though.... I do like the way the referees keep the players in check though, think that should happen in football, stop all these foul mouthed and badly behaved new riche kids...

😭 we are sooooo off topic on this thread, sorry!
I am sure within 18 months there will be a GT3 type car available and within 12 months it will be shown... mark my words

Sounds like she never gave you the attention you needed .......and you were never appreciated. Sounds like you wanted something more serious than what the relationship was.

Love lost is better than never to have loved at all.
That's 100% where I'm at 🥰
I will always remember what could have been though 😪

😭 we are sooooo off topic on this thread, sorry!
I am sure within 18 months there will be a GT3 type car available and within 12 months it will be shown... mark my words
24 months maybe
And it will cost the same as a 991.2 GT3 and nobody will want it. 😘

Last edited:
24 months maybe
And it will cost the same as a 991.2 GT3 and nobody will want it. 😘
orders books may still be full in 12 months, but new orders will never be in such high volumes... only perhaps when they release the AMG, and even then... probably not, the peak interest has passed, so to try to maintain a good level, I think much sooner.... but Im more than willing to bet a fresh orange juice or water melon juice even better that it will be wayyyy before 24 months from today, at least, at the very least the release. Delivering the first one could be the next decade of course, but thats a whole different story as we know.

Indeed. But enough of my peers have already driven the pre production cars, that I know it's not a game changer.
I just hope they can actually sort an error free car by the end of the month. I'd say its borderline at this point, which is a worry for any early adopter.
I'm not sure I understand what you were expecting in the way of "game-changing". For most people the Emira is a more beautiful-looking car than the Evora/Elise/Exige and many other cars in its segment. The interior is a step forward from the Evora. Quality (materials, finish, build, reliability) should all be improved. It costs significantly less than the outgoing Evora. And it'll handle like a Lotus, with performance comparable to or better than the Evora.

Those all line up with the goals Lotus had for Emira to sell at a higher volume than the Evora: hitting a target price to be competitive in the segment, improving perceived and actual quality, great looks, brilliant handling.

I'm not sure I understand what you were expecting in the way of "game-changing". For most people the Emira is a more beautiful-looking car than the Evora/Elise/Exige and many other cars in its segment. The interior is a step forward from the Evora. Quality (materials, finish, build, reliability) should all be improved. It costs significantly less than the outgoing Evora. And it'll handle like a Lotus, with performance comparable to or better than the Evora.

Those all line up with the goals Lotus had for Emira to sell at a higher volume than the Evora: hitting a target price to be competitive in the segment, improving perceived and actual quality, great looks, brilliant handling.
I guess I was expecting Evora 2022
Figured if Lotus could come up with such a great car 12 years ago on a shoe string budget then Emira could have been something truly special.
Bar creature comforts it doesn't really move the game on.
I was at least expecting class leading dynamics comparable to the Exige, wrapped up in a more useable package.
I have an Exige test drive planned for 2 weeks time so I guess I will get to experience Lotus at their very best then and compare and contrast the Emira and 718 GTS 981 Spyder and make an informed decision
Edited to add: I was coming at this Emira ownership proposition from a different place to most I feel. I don't really care about the looks, it was purely dynamics and performance for me. The fact that it looks twice as expensive as it actually is makes me feel uncomfortable about taking it to work and having it parked on the driveway etc. Looks are basically the last thing I consider when purchasing a brand new car

Last edited:
orders books may still be full in 12 months, but new orders will never be in such high volumes... only perhaps when they release the AMG, and even then... probably not, the peak interest has passed, so to try to maintain a good level, I think much sooner.... but Im more than willing to bet a fresh orange juice or water melon juice even better that it will be wayyyy before 24 months from today, at least, at the very least the release. Delivering the first one could be the next decade of course, but thats a whole different story as we know.
Fresh orange 🍊 juice sounds good. Will even fly/drive over for it 🍹

I guess I was expecting Evora 2022
Figured if Lotus could come up with such a great car 12 years ago on a shoe string budget then Emira could have been something truly special.
Bar creature comforts it doesn't really move the game on.
I was at least expecting class leading dynamics comparable to the Exige, wrapped up in a more useable package.
I have an Exige test drive planned for 2 weeks time so I guess I will get to experience Lotus at their very best then and compare and contrast the Emira and 718 GTS 981 Spyder and make an informed decision
Evora 2022 and Exige 2022 would be noticeably different cars. Emira is more like Evora 2022 and less like Exige 2022. I guess your expectations may not align with what the Emira is intended to be, if you think it should be a more useable Exige. That's different to it being a more all-round Evora.

Lotus didn't need to make a 50% improvement in performance and handling, but did think they needed to make a significant improvement in daily usability, pricing, looks and perceived quality.

If you're test driving a recent V6 Exige then that will give you an impression of about 95% of the Emira's performance, ride and handling, and driver engagement. But only about 70% of the perceived quality and less than 50% of the daily usability.

I'm really interested to hear your feedback from the test drive. Have you driven a recent Evora too, because your take on the Exige/Evora comparison will be interesting too.

Evora 2022 and Exige 2022 would be noticeably different cars. Emira is more like Evora 2022 and less like Exige 2022. I guess your expectations may not align with what the Emira is intended to be, if you think it should be a more useable Exige. That's different to it being a more all-round Evora.

Lotus didn't need to make a 50% improvement in performance and handling, but did think they needed to make a significant improvement in daily usability, pricing, looks and perceived quality.

If you're test driving a recent V6 Exige then that will give you an impression of about 95% of the Emira's performance, ride and handling, and driver engagement. But only about 70% of the perceived quality and less than 50% of the daily usability.

I'm really interested to hear your feedback from the test drive. Have you driven a recent Evora too, because your take on the Exige/Evora comparison will be interesting too.
I was 50/50 about driving the Evora as I didn't really want the temptation to be honest. A 20k saving over the Emira be nice but the Emira would make more sense as an ownership proposition.
I will see if they will let me take out one of the 400s they have after the Exige. You are right, may as well try all the choices available!
IF the Emira offers 95% of the performance of a final edition Exige then I will happily eat some humble pie 🥧 🙂
Edit: I'm also going to the Morgan Factory 😅 I must be having a midlife crisis, full beard inbound

Last edited: