• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Another possible delay on I4 delivery ?

New York resident .
Waiting close to 2 and 1/2 years since I4 order and thought I was getting close to delivery sometime early / late October. Car may be aboard ship now or waiting to load.
Best news in a long time
UNTIL
I learned of a possible ....probable East coast longshoreman strike at the end of this month. Asking for a 40% increase in wages and the 2 sides are far apart. I hate to think of my I4 sitting idly on ship or at port delaying delivery until the snow begins when it looked very promising that I would get a chance to put some miles on before salt hits the road for winter.
This final delay, although nothing to do with lotus, would be really upsetting if it comes to pass.

New York resident .
Waiting close to 2 and 1/2 years since I4 order and thought I was getting close to delivery sometime early / late October. Car may be aboard ship now or waiting to load.
Best news in a long time
UNTIL
I learned of a possible ....probable East coast longshoreman strike at the end of this month. Asking for a 40% increase in wages and the 2 sides are far apart. I hate to think of my I4 sitting idly on ship or at port delaying delivery until the snow begins when it looked very promising that I would get a chance to put some miles on before salt hits the road for winter.
This final delay, although nothing to do with lotus, would be really upsetting if it comes to pass.
Yeah, just saw this on the news --- it's always something....

Yeah, just saw this on the news --- it's always something....
Ugh, sorry. I remember when mine was on the way and the Dali hit the bridge and thinking there goes another delay...

If there's anything positive from that experience it's that there will be huge pressure to get the ports open quickly, as there's very little tolerance for that much commerce to be on pause for very long. It's definitely something that within a week or two the federal government would step in to resolve. My guess is the union is thinking that striking in a very visible election cycle while interest rates are going down might play to their advantage here.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back