• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Any concerns having PPF applied during pollen season?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm having PPF installed this week and I was just asked if it could be done on-site in my own garage by the installer (he brings all of his own lighting/equipment etc.) The question I have is, since we're in the height of pollen season here in NC, should I be concerned at all about this or do PPF installers have a way to prevent pollen from getting under the PPF during installation?

My car sitting in the garage gets pollen on it fairly quickly after a wipe (even with the door closed). I don't have an air filter in the garage to try to mitigate this and don't really want to go buy one for this purpose.

TIA!

As an owner I would not schedule any PPF during pollen season. No facts or data just with the understanding that the stuff is everywhere.

I'm having PPF installed this week and I was just asked if it could be done on-site in my own garage by the installer (he brings all of his own lighting/equipment etc.) The question I have is, since we're in the height of pollen season here in NC, should I be concerned at all about this or do PPF installers have a way to prevent pollen from getting under the PPF during installation?

My car sitting in the garage gets pollen on it fairly quickly after a wipe (even with the door closed). I don't have an air filter in the garage to try to mitigate this and don't really want to go buy one for this purpose.

TIA!
Hope your installer doesn't have seasonal allergies and sneezes during the install..
Meanwhile, Claritin would make a great PPF name.

TIA!
I would trust them with their expertise IMHO, after all work is warranted, and pollen are present in your harage as well as a professional shop. I am pretty sure they have some antistatic wipes/treatment they would apply before laying the film down, or it does not matter, honestly I would not worry…..

I would trust them with their expertise IMHO, after all work is warranted, and pollen are present in your harage as well as a professional shop. I am pretty sure they have some antistatic wipes/treatment they would apply before laying the film down, or it does not matter, honestly I would not worry…..
You'll worry if mold develops under the coating.

You'll worry if mold develops under the coating.
Well, it is under warranty by Lotus for 10 years but yeah, I definitely don't want to be messing around with that scenario. I'll have a chat with the installer about it. They probably have methods to ensure this doesn't happen but I'd like to know what those methods are!

Well, it is under warranty by Lotus for 10 years but yeah, I definitely don't want to be messing around with that scenario. I'll have a chat with the installer about it. They probably have methods to ensure this doesn't happen but I'd like to know what those methods are!
I don't know how bad the pollen gets in NC. My comment was based on what we experience in Georgia and right now the stuff is everywhere. We have about a two week period of bad pollen.

I trust professionals more when they are taking sensible measures. Prepping for PPF or any kind of correction outdoors doesn't make sense to me.

Reminds me of the old quip about a non-smoking section in a restaurant being as effective as a no-peeing section in a swimming pool...

Anyway, as I was.

I trust professionals more when they are taking sensible measures. Prepping for PPF or any kind of correction outdoors doesn't make sense to me.

Reminds me of the old quip about a non-smoking section in a restaurant being as effective as a no-peeing section in a swimming pool...

Anyway, as I was.
It will be in a garage so not entirely outdoors. It's just not a properly air-filtered garage for this type of work during pollen season (at least that is my concern).