Any UK dealer tour news?

E96DDF63-B5AF-4818-A1F8-75755FB80123.jpeg
Email I received just over an hour ago.

Just booked my viewing in Nottingham on Monday 18th October. So excited.

Price list next week, please be kind Lotus; no surprises.

Yes, booked for Thursday 21st at Colchester👍
and this time next week hopefully will know how much it’s all costing👍

Booked in for October 22 at Colchester PM, couldn't make any of the evening events as all just too far away, just hope we actually get to sit in it and check it out properly before making a decision to purchase.

Booked in for October 22 at Colchester PM, couldn't make any of the evening events as all just too far away, just hope we actually get to sit in it and check it out properly before making a decision to purchase.
Also hoping they have proper colour samples, want the magma red but not sure how orange it will be…. Seemd different shades on different sites….

Also hoping they have proper colour samples, want the magma red but not sure how orange it will be…. Seemd different shades on different sites….
Yes good point, definitely need to see some colour samples. Might have to email dealer to find out details like that before making the trip

For anyone struggling with availability at your preferred dealer you can book to attend at any dealer.

The deposit holder sessions are in smaller groups. Will include food and drink, a short presentation, guided tour around the exterior and interior, sit in the car, Q&A session with Lotus and dealer staff. It’ll be the Seneca Blue show car.

Specs and pricing info coming out next week.

Just signed up for 8pm next tues at Bell & Colville - excited 😀
I'm also at Bell add Colvill on Tuesday 28th. Got an early slot.
An additional £3k deposit seems to be required on the day according to the email I received from Jamie this evening. I couldn't sleep for five nights before I picked up my first Lotus, how am I gonna cope with this!!

I'm also at Bell add Colvill on Tuesday 28th. Got an early slot.
An additional £3k deposit seems to be required on the day according to the email I received from Jamie this evening. I couldn't sleep for five nights before I picked up my first Lotus, how am I gonna cope with this!!
Sorry yep 28th also. Did not know about the extra 3k, i assume that would then give you a build slot?

The £3k is still refundable. I assume they’re trying to gauge level of commitment by asking people to top up.

I think we’ll have a little while to sort it - probably by sometime in October at the end of the roadshows - and it basically keeps your place in the queue. Hopefully they’ll provide more info on the process and timetable. I don’t think it’ll go to non-refundable until Feb.

The £3k is still refundable. I assume they’re trying to gauge level of commitment by asking people to top up.

I think we’ll have a little while to sort it - probably by sometime in October at the end of the roadshows - and it basically keeps your place in the queue. Hopefully they’ll provide more info on the process and timetable. I don’t think it’ll go to non-refundable until Feb.
I agree with that

No email invitation received and not in junk either. Booked a public session just in case.

May have to contact B&C directly.

No email invitation received and not in junk either. Booked a public session just in case.

May have to contact B&C directly.
I know B&C got bombarded yesterday with emails and calls, because of the leak about the online booking system and the confusion it caused.

Jamie was ringing round deposit holders to book them in to the longer viewing sessions. It’s going to take a few days to get to everyone. He was sending emails at 10.30pm Friday about it.

I am excited for all of you “across the pond”, and to be perfectly honest, a little jealous. I’d be that much more jealous if you were actually being given an opportunity to drive it’s various configurations. I hope lotus understands that people are going to want to drive these cars before buying them. Just sitting in them is not going to be enough for the overwhelming majority of buyers. Likewise, color chips and interior samples will be nice, but seeing the car in one’s desired specification will be important for most people. Try before you buy, after all. I wonder when we will have these opportunities here in the US? Can’t wait!

I know what you mean, but early adopters for any car are often going to face this dilemma. Hopefully Lotus will be following a sensible process - in the UK the second stage deposit is still refundable for example.

I have also been told UK test drive cars will be available from March and it may be that orders don't have to be confirmed/committed until after that, except for a very small number at the head of the queue. Those will be people (like me) who placed deposits before the Emira launch, so may be more comfortable committing without a test drive. I'm happy to do that because I know and trust the project team developing the car.

We should get a lot more info on Monday and over the next 2 weeks. I know the UK head of sales is going to be at my dealer's event and will be doing Q& with deposit holders.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back