• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

✅ Solved Anybody else have a car that farts at them every time they open the door?

Solution
What the hell 😂
Customer states: Car farts on me when closing door.
Observed: Accurate description, 10/10

I guess there is some unhappy pressure release valve somewhere. I think it's installed behind the passenger side seat, near the subwoofer. Test this by closing the door with the windows down.

Side note: It seems your window drop glass function wasn’t activated by your dealer on PDI. To activate: Get in the car, door open. Hold window switch up two seconds (supposedly there is a click to be heard , never heard it). Release and lower fully, but keep the button pressed down for 2 seconds after full down position is achieved. It should do that click again. Repeat for other side.
What the hell 😂

I guess there is some unhappy pressure release valve somewhere. I think it's installed behind the passenger side seat, near the subwoofer. Test this by closing the door with the windows down.

Side note: It seems your window drop glass function wasn’t activated by your dealer on PDI. To activate: Get in the car, door open. Hold window switch up two seconds (supposedly there is a click to be heard , never heard it). Release and lower fully, but keep the button pressed down for 2 seconds after full down position is achieved. It should do that click again. Repeat for other side.

Last edited:
Solution
Thinking about it the window drop being disabled might be the reason for the over pressure in your case. The window immediately seals instead of giving the air a second to equalize after closing the door. Still sounds excessive 😂

It’s still just a random guess

What the hell 😂

Thanks for that!

I did not expect to get as much of a laugh out of this as I did :ROFLMAO: . Unfortunately can't help you I don't have that going on (yet)

Lmao I clicked on the video expecting the signature subwoofer pop they all seem to do. Did not expect this. 😂

Update…. Took it in for a 1000mi post break in service. Reported the fart noise to dealer. They indicated it was not the first time they had seen this issue. They ran a software update in the hopes it would fix it.

It did not.

I’m not super worried about it. Will report it again at next service visit.

Update…. Took it in for a 1000mi post break in service. Reported the fart noise to dealer. They indicated it was not the first time they had seen this issue. They ran a software update in the hopes it would fix it.

It did not.

I’m not super worried about it. Will report it again at next service visit.
Unfortunate to hear that the farting continues :) 💨

I also have this. It sounds like it’s coming from inside the dash. I sat in the car for 30 minutes today with everything off, and the car did it 3 times.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back