❓ QUESTION Anyone else notice bad hot air flow?

trackday14

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to ask:
Has anyone else has noticed how hot the cabin gets with the windows completely open?

The hot air coming off of the front radiator(s) flows partially into the cabin with the windows down. It’s crazy. Turns an 80°F (26°C) drive into a 90°F (32°C) drive and forces me to go windows up and A/C on when I would otherwise go windows down. Car runs normal temp (not running hot).

And if this hot air is running into the side intakes, it’s not doing the supercharger any favors!

I’ve been meaning to ask:
Has anyone else has noticed how hot the cabin gets with the windows completely open?

The hot air coming off of the front radiator(s) flows partially into the cabin with the windows down. It’s crazy. Turns an 80°F (26°C) drive into a 90°F (32°C) drive and forces me to go windows up and A/C on when I would otherwise go windows down. Car runs normal temp (not running hot).

And if this hot air is running into the side intakes, it’s not doing the supercharger any favors!
For sure! I’ve tried to turn on just the fan at low settings but it doesn’t do much so when it’s 90 degrees out I’m forced to have AC on. Good thing my AC works, ha!

I noticed yesterday that it was nearly impossible to drive the car with the driver’s window completely down because the wind hit directly the rear windows thickness making it very noisy and all the air goes into the back of the cabin.

Had plenty of 90+ weather in NY this month and I found the cabin circulation/comfort was better with windows only ~ half-down. I would lower all the way and then raise them while driving just until the buffeting/noise subsided. Left fan on setting 1 or 2, temp at 61, and found that to be a nice drive (when the humity permitted).

As others have stated, the drawback we all notice is that the HVAC doesn't have a 'cold air intake'. Situated behind the engine's radiator, the HVAC in a non-AC mode really can't pass along outside air temp (or even OAT + a few degrees). It only seems to have post-radiator air to work with. But the AC is great when that's not tolerable, so no complaints from me.

However if someone invents a CAI for the HVAC that doesn't change the appearance of the car, I'm in!

Back