Battery Tender not seeing battery

RyanGphoto

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey guys,

So I just bought a Noco Genius 1 (I have a Noco Genius 5 already that is working and charging the motorcycle). So I bought the Genius 1 to put on the motorcycle and move the Genius 5 over to the Emira. The Genius 5 was working great on the motorcycle.. I plugged in the Genius 1 on the motorcycle and all is well there too.. So both work..

Then I try the Genius 5 (and the Genius 1 as well) on the Emira.. and it is not recognizing the batter at all. It's staying in standby mode..

I have driven the car every day since I bought it so it's not a low battery... I just don't know why its not being recognized. I have checked the attachments to the posts both positive and negative, they are secure. I actually used the alligator clamps on both the positive and negative post (and the nuts on the floor of the battery as well.. nothing.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Ryan G

Did your dealer not install battery tender leads (as part of the PDI process) and give you the tender that comes with the car?

Did your dealer not install battery tender leads (as part of the PDI process) and give you the tender that comes with the car?
According to Naples Motorsports the battery tender is on back order from Lotus and they don't have an ETA on when I will get it. No they did not attach anything (since they didn't have it in stock).

I wish they did because now I am pretty much at a loss of what to do, since neither of my Noco chargers will see the battery that is clearly there.

Ryan G

According to Naples Motorsports the battery tender is on back order from Lotus and they don't have an ETA on when I will get it. No they did not attach anything (since they didn't have it in stock).

I wish they did because now I am pretty much at a loss of what to do, since neither of my Noco chargers will see the battery that is clearly there.

Ryan G

What's the rush for a battery charger? It's summertime and you're in FL, right? Just drive the car at least every couple weeks and it should be fine. I'd return the extra Noco charger and just wait for the free one from Lotus.

What's the rush for a battery charger? It's summertime and you're in FL, right? Just drive the car at least every couple weeks and it should be fine. I'd return the extra Noco charger and just wait for the free one from Lotus.
Headed out on vacation so it will sit for about 28 days.. wanted to put it on a tender while I am gone.

If you have a voltmeter/multimeter test the battery voltage in the exact same spots you are attempting to hook up the tender. Your charger leads may not be getting a good connection.
Also touch the battery posts themselves (proper polarity of course) with the eyelets or alligator clamps to ensure you are getting a good connection. (if you havent done all that) It may take 3 hands for that.

So I got the larger eyelets today for the Noco and what do you know.. I attached them to the nuts on the battery and Noco recognizes the batter now and it's charging!

Thanks
Ryan G

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back