Black trim accent's clear and flaking issues.

IRN_M8DEN

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I posted a few pics in some FB groups and I'm surprised to see I'm not the only one having problems. I'm filing a warranty claim because the rear trim finish is literally flaking off. There's no impact or damage underneath so this would indicate poor adhesion from the factory. Could be a composite issue rejecting adhesion I suppose but any body else dealing with this on their trim pieces?

Just so we're clear, my entire car is wrapped in Xpel PPF. The only reason I didn't have them do the rear trim is because I wanted this fixed by Lotus first. I honestly think if someone got these pieces PPF'd, in 10 years or so when they pull it off, they're probably gonna take the clear coat off their trim with it. You heard it here first...

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

Here's another car having the same issue. The guy said the PPF installer simply had a piece tough the trim and when they lifted it off, it pulled a piece of the clear with it...yikes.

464451921_10160441727408589_4254399497835800668_n.jpg

Sucks...happening to more and more people.

Attachments

• 20241013_143740.jpg
    20241013_143740.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 53
If this is happening without ppf, I guess it’s a good thing to actually ppf them… just don’t ever plan on taking the film off haha
I think that's why there's not more of an uproar honestly. Everyone I know has gotten PPF, especially on these areas. They won't know until they're well out of warranty and Lotus won't give AF.

I hear ya but if it's a composite/adhesion issue with the piece itself, the new clear will just come off again.

Fair. But at that point being out of warranty, there's really no other option than to buy another one from the factory - If it's even available.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back