Bumper/Fender fitment and gap correction

I noticed the same issue on mine as well as a couple others that had just been delivered. Mine was also missing a chunk of the silicone strip that runs horizontal so the dealer has ordered a replacement - it gave the illusion of a gap in that area as well but turned out to be the strip.

Was there any resolution to your gap? I pointed it out to my dealer but not sure if / what they will do about it yet…I understand it’s not major on mine
Yes, Lotus Cape Fear in Wilmington, NC was able to correct the hood gaps you're showing. My understanding is that the bonnet/hood attachment points had some adjustment they tweaked. Seemed pretty straightforward.

They are still looking for a solution for the inconsistent gaps between the fender and bumper (bottom of the swooping intakes). That seems to be trickier.

The alignment of the rear bumper with the rear fender/arch is pretty much the only thing that isn't spot on with my car... it is winding me up slightly, to be honest, but I'm trying to get over it by driving the wheels of the thing :)

Anyone know if there is adjustment possible to pull these corners in a bit?

View attachment 44957View attachment 44958
Mines the same. I mentioned it to my dealer was told 'they're all like that to a varying degree'. You'd think this is something that would be sorted on later cars.

My instinct in looking at this is that it's not the sides of the bumper that need to go in, but the bottom of the bumper that needs to come down / back.

I bet when the bumper was installed that was all even, but when they tightened up the under tray and diffuser on the bottom it pulled the bumper upward from below and that's the natural strain direction in the material to push the corners outward. That's why it's so "springy". The bumper is rigid just like the other panels, it's not soft like a typical car bumper.

Last edited:
You obviously didn't read my post carefully. Mom was neither upset nor thrown under the bus. How lame.
Dude, moms are never wrong…
She will point it out and remember it always… My son bought a expensive car that wasn’t built right?

Smile and thrash it… Give it the beams and “ forget about it “ my Italian friend would say.

1600 mile no issues 😎