Bumper/Fender fitment and gap correction

The alignment of the rear bumper with the rear fender/arch is pretty much the only thing that isn't spot on with my car... it is winding me up slightly, to be honest, but I'm trying to get over it by driving the wheels of the thing :)

Anyone know if there is adjustment possible to pull these corners in a bit?

View attachment 44957View attachment 44958
Mines the same. I mentioned it to my dealer was told 'they're all like that to a varying degree'. You'd think this is something that would be sorted on later cars.

My instinct in looking at this is that it's not the sides of the bumper that need to go in, but the bottom of the bumper that needs to come down / back.

I bet when the bumper was installed that was all even, but when they tightened up the under tray and diffuser on the bottom it pulled the bumper upward from below and that's the natural strain direction in the material to push the corners outward. That's why it's so "springy". The bumper is rigid just like the other panels, it's not soft like a typical car bumper.

Last edited:
You obviously didn't read my post carefully. Mom was neither upset nor thrown under the bus. How lame.
Dude, moms are never wrong…
She will point it out and remember it always… My son bought a expensive car that wasn’t built right?

Smile and thrash it… Give it the beams and “ forget about it “ my Italian friend would say.

1600 mile no issues 😎

My instinct in looking at this is that it's not the sides of the bumper that need to go in, but the bottom of the bumper that needs to come down / back.

I bet when the bumper was installed that was all even, but when they tightened up the under tray and diffuser on the bottom it pulled the bumper upward from below and that's the natural strain direction in the material to push the corners outward. That's why it's so "springy". The bumper is rigid just like the other panels, it's not soft like a typical car bumper.
You are probably right on the under tray pushing the bumper.
One thing I was surprised with was the fact the bumper had non adjustable push fittings and not even self tappers or bolts to hold in place like most mainstream car brands.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back