• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Carbon engine surround

There may be people local to you , but as it's four pieces , it's tricky to do , 100% worth it
I will ask topaz detailing when they PPF my car if they can do it. But still waiting to get the car it’s an automatic and should be March build and April delivery, still in limbo waiting on CS.

oookay, this looks loads better than i was expecting. I feel you may need to create your own order book !

I'd order one today if i was confident id actually get the car some time this year lol

It's called Carbon Offset !
I have made the front number plate smaller to balance the car 👍😂👌
Is that little plate UK legal? Dont want to give the police even more reasons to pull me, I already get enough looks!

If it is legal, can we ask lotus not to drill mounting holes for the big plate?

I had the original Carbon dipped , nr Guildford £250. , the contact details we be on my Instagram page soon #a35racevan 👍
Hi Chadder, can you share the name of the company in Guildford that did it? Looks awesome.

Do you know how much weight this adds to the car?

Forgive me but if this is a serious question its incredibly thin ie a layer or two of paint or actually thinner than that.
If you are old like me remember the water tattoos which came inside bubble gum wrappers? sort of like that

Forgive me but if this is a serious question its incredibly thin ie a layer or two of paint or actually thinner than that.
If you are old like me remember the water tattoos which came inside bubble gum wrappers? sort of like that

It was serious yes, have no idea what’s involved in the process hence the question.

Thanks for sharing

'we' nearly set up doing it when it first came out but its very easy to make a right bollox of it!
Need good quality materials and a big heated water bath to do it correctly. Any imperfections and specs of dust left on the item to be dipped will show through so prep is really important sort of the same as PPF. If the base is rubbish then it will be proper rubbish with the PPF/hydrodip on top.
Call me cynical (most do) but he was careful not to show the extent of the water bath as at home you would be expected to do this in a sink or big bowl. Any blobs of fat from a badly washed out session of washing dishes would ruin it.
The engine surround looks like a superb job 👌

Is that little plate UK legal? Dont want to give the police even more reasons to pull me, I already get enough looks!

If it is legal, can we ask lotus not to drill mounting holes for the big plate?
I had the holes fillled when I had my stripes put on 👍👌

Hi Chadder, can you share the name of the company in Guildford that did it? Looks awesome.

it adds no weight 😂
Check out my Instagram page for more details and pictures #a35racevan

Attachments

• 1679085633051.png
    1679085633051.png
    597.7 KB · Views: 127
looks great. They're aren't any hyrdodippers near me but a couple hours away. By the time I get the car, it will be nasty winter anyway so if there aren't any real carbon options by then I will likely do the trip as it definitely makes the area look much better than the cheap plastic

looks great. They're aren't any hyrdodippers near me but a couple hours away. By the time I get the car, it will be nasty winter anyway so if there aren't any real carbon options by then I will likely do the trip as it definitely makes the area look much better than the cheap plastic
It's a no brainer 👍👌

Thanks @Chadder the stripes look great as well. I've reached out to them but I imagine the shipping cost to the States will be prohibitive.

I'm glad you're happy with it, but it anyone ever asks please admit that its fake. I wouldn't want all Lotus owners to be thought of as posers.

Back