• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Carbon fiber bits

Mine also arrived today. Impressive 2 day shipping from Hong Kong to Florida. Quality seems good so I'm satisfied. It was mentioned before elsehwere on the forum, but the cutouts where you check the oil dipstick are fixed and not removable like they are on the OEM plastic version. Not really a concern for me, but others might find it slightly inconvenient.

Cost permitting, I may eventually replace every gloss black trim piece on my car with matte carbon. I'm a big proponent of subtle but classy "OEM plus" style modifications. I also just despise piano black anywhere on sports cars ha.

IMG_5921 2.jpg

Mine also arrived today. Impressive 2 day shipping from Hong Kong to Florida. Quality seems good so I'm satisfied. It was mentioned before elsehwere on the forum, but the cutouts where you check the oil dipstick are fixed and not removable like they are on the OEM plastic version. Not really a concern for me, but others might find it slightly inconvenient.

Cost permitting, I may eventually replace every gloss black trim piece on my car with matte carbon. I'm a big proponent of subtle but classy "OEM plus" style modifications. I also just despise piano black anywhere on sports cars ha.

View attachment 36959
Agree product is good and customer service also great.
I am definitely going to order the front splitter, and probably all the pieces Aerie offers.
I am laughing at myself car Cost X PPF $4,500K engine cove $900.00 then plus plus.
by the time i am done easy another $15K.
there is no excuse for not knowing when to stop spending on extras

Mine also arrived today. Impressive 2 day shipping from Hong Kong to Florida. Quality seems good so I'm satisfied. It was mentioned before elsehwere on the forum, but the cutouts where you check the oil dipstick are fixed and not removable like they are on the OEM plastic version.

View attachment 36959
Could you elaborate more, like which part is fixed vs factory.
Thanks

Could you elaborate more, like which part is fixed vs factory.
Thanks
IMG_2276.jpeg

I don't mind this at all. That entire top section comes out in a few seconds with no tools and it being all one piece makes it so it looks better. Also no chance of dropping the small cover behind the engine lol.

Last edited:

View attachment 36959
Gorgeous looking. Crud, I was all prepared to buy alot of gloss CF but this piece looks amazing. Now I'm not sure if I could go with this being matte and then the exterior pieces being gloss ..... or if I need to do all matte.

Gorgeous looking. Crud, I was all prepared to buy alot of gloss CF but this piece looks amazing. Now I'm not sure if I could go with this being matte and then the exterior pieces being gloss ..... or if I need to do all matte.
I went with all the exterior pieces gloss and the engine surround matte. I wanted as little reflection on the glass as possible

hahaha. sorry I should have been more clear. The parts and the car are with the dealership and they will start working on it after the weekend.
Can you weigh the factory parts that have been replaced? That will at least give us some of the values we can plug into a spreadsheet. TIA

Can you weigh the factory parts that have been replaced? That will at least give us some of the values we can plug into a spreadsheet. TIA
Sure, I'll try and get that done. The only part getting replaced is the rear diffuser as the rest is add on. I don't immagine there will be a huge weight difference between the stock plastic part and the carbon fibre one. Also things like the parking sensors, number plate and lights, exhaust and netting are carried over.

I will weigh them this weekend for.
They are pretty light but don’t think there is a big difference.
They just look very cool.
On another note I may change color of the supercharger to HY
Going to ask the dealership as they have a great paint guy. He has has don’t paint work for me on the Evora

Has anyone seen any interior carbon fiber trim for the emira? The only carbon fiber trim i've seen are the sticker types https://forzaaa.com/products/carbon-interior-kit-for-lotus-emira :(

Also I'm planning on buying a bunch of exterior carbon fiber from both JUBU and Aerie, do you guys think that the different brands would have noticeably different looks to them? I figure they might be slightly different finishes but I am hoping that even when admiring it while stopped it shouldn't be that noticeable.

for reference, i'm planning on buying the JUBU swan wing, louvered rear window, front splitter, and possibly the front hood. while from Aerie im planning on buying the front vents, rear diffuser, side skirts, and mirrors (when it comes out)

Has anyone seen any interior carbon fiber trim for the emira? The only carbon fiber trim i've seen are the sticker types https://forzaaa.com/products/carbon-interior-kit-for-lotus-emira :(

Also I'm planning on buying a bunch of exterior carbon fiber from both JUBU and Aerie, do you guys think that the different brands would have noticeably different looks to them? I figure they might be slightly different finishes but I am hoping that even when admiring it while stopped it shouldn't be that noticeable.

for reference, i'm planning on buying the JUBU swan wing, louvered rear window, front splitter, and possibly the front hood. while from Aerie im planning on buying the front vents, rear diffuser, side skirts, and mirrors (when it comes out)
I dont think anyone has an actual interior kit yet made form mould.... There are a few that are overlays like the FORZA kit you mentioned (paste and apply) but you can also do that by wrapping the trim yourself.

I guess we may see one in the future when there is enough interest.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back