• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Cost for Oil Change?

Just did my second oil change in the garage with a QuickJack. Cost me a whopping $55 for oil and filter and took about an hour, half of which was just getting the aluminum plate off... I think it was was 28 bolts (7mm and 10mm). Big fan of DIY if you can.

IMG_7190.JPG

Just did my second oil change in the garage with a QuickJack. Cost me a whopping $55 for oil and filter and took about an hour, half of which was just getting the aluminum plate off... I think it was was 28 bolts (7mm and 10mm). Big fan of DIY if you can.

View attachment 51914
Which model do you have?

I'm due for my yearly service, at Lotus Orlando, quoted $600 for the yearly maintenance that includes the oil change

Which model do you have?

I'm due for my yearly service, at Lotus Orlando, quoted $600 for the yearly maintenance that includes the oil change
I have the 5000 series, got it on sale at Costco for $1200 a few years ago. I still plan on taking mine to the dealer in Jacksonville at it's 10k mi service and will probably have them do an oil change then too. But outside of major servicing, I like doing things myself for both money savings and convenience.

Which model do you have?

600$ for oil change and yearly service…. If they are updating the ECU software… worth it. But just essentially an oil change… 600$ still little pricy.

I agree, anything more than $100 for an oil change in my opinion is when things start to get silly.

I wanted to pass along the pricing I was given, not sure what all else is included in the yearly service, likely a bunch of visual inspections.

In my specific case, there are 3 recalls or software updates needing to be done that I was made aware of, AC resistor/Diverter, AC software update, inspection/replacement of I believe coil packs (I don't remember what exactly this was) it was something new for them, that I have seen mentioned on the forum based on water in the engine bay. The 3 recalls are of course at no charge.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back