• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Crooked window seal

Emirafirstedition

Reaction score
Hi all

I found out that the reason for my big windnoise is a crooked window seal on half of the upper edge of the right side window. The upper “lip” disappears into the car half way as you can perhaps see on the 2 pictures with fully closed and slightly rolled down window.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and how it was fixed?

Have schedule at the garage on friday and dont want them to experiment too much if there is a standard way to fix it.

Thx
Rasmus
EB4930E7-7379-4AAF-8649-0FCA82F65FEC.jpeg
C0CB14E0-7714-4D06-8FEA-D4BAC310AC41.jpeg

Hi all

I found out that the reason for my big windnoise is a crooked window seal on half of the upper edge of the right side window. The upper “lip” disappears into the car half way as you can perhaps see on the 2 pictures with fully closed and slightly rolled down window.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and how it was fixed?

Have schedule at the garage on friday and dont want them to experiment too much if there is a standard way to fix it.

Thx
Rasmus
View attachment 28033View attachment 28034
Usually the part of the seal you’re referring to is just glued to the car (while the other part (it’s one piece) is somewhat latched to a bracket). You could probably fix it yourself by lifting it back up with your fingers and if it doesn’t work use a trim removal tool (plastic so you won’t scratch the paint) by guiding it in the grove the window is supposed to go in while lifting up (lightly, without forcing it) to bring that part of the seal to where it belongs (prob what the dealer would do).
If you live close by to the dealer and you haven’t been successful with the finger method I would let him do it as most likely he would have the proper tools to do it without the risk of scratching the paint (plus he has the responsibility), if you live far away you can give it a try (look it up on YouTube, there is plenty of videos that explain how to remove or fix a frameless windows seal that will help you better understand how it works and what to do, it’s mostly the same for all frameless car windows).

Usually the part of the seal you’re referring to is just glued to the car (while the other part (it’s one piece) is somewhat latched to a bracket). You could probably fix it yourself by lifting it back up with your fingers and if it doesn’t work use a trim removal tool (plastic so you won’t scratch the paint) by guiding it in the grove the window is supposed to go in while lifting up (lightly, without forcing it) to bring that part of the seal to where it belongs (prob what the dealer would do).
If you live close by to the dealer and you haven’t been successful with the finger method I would let him do it as most likely he would have the proper tools to do it without the risk of scratching the paint (plus he has the responsibility), if you live far away you can give it a try (look it up on YouTube, there is plenty of videos that explain how to remove or fix a frameless windows seal that will help you better understand how it works and what to do, it’s mostly the same for all frameless car windows).
Thanks a lot for the description - very usefull!

I will let the dealer fix it on friday, good news it does not require a new part being ordered.