Dark Verdant Lotus Emira Photo Thread

I agree.
Here are a few photos of mine after it's PPF install and ceramic coating at Freshlayers.co.uk :

View attachment 26430
342977475_1351077265464551_3420399693290907277_n-jpg.26431
View attachment 26432View attachment 26433View attachment 26434View attachment 26435
It has a rather shiny touch, it looks great

It's so shiny it almost doesn't look real, like it's a CG image instead of a real car. I don't know if it's just the ability of your camera, but it seems to bring out more of the dark green than you otherwise usually see. For me I would still want to go with the silver lettering and exhaust tips, but that is a BEEyoutiful car!

That does look like a good job, how long did it take them and do you mind me asking how much did it cost ?
Freshlayers did do a stunning job and it really was unbelievably shiny when I picked it up. It was the second Emira they had done, as they did a Nimbus Grey one the week before mine:

337563420_216379451014968_6167862427158589746_n.jpg

I had their PPF Track Pack + Full Roof and full A Pillars as an extra (I have the full black pack and the black roof is very soft paint, similar to the piano black finish that many cars have on their B-pillar trims). The entire car had a machine polish prior to PPF and their Wax Is Dead Ultimate ceramic coating. Cost was £2590 + VAT, so not cheap, but I am hoping it is worth it as I am planning to keep the car long term. I would certainly recommend Freshlayers if you are in the Chichester West Sussex vicinity.

It's so shiny it almost doesn't look real, like it's a CG image instead of a real car. I don't know if it's just the ability of your camera, but it seems to bring out more of the dark green than you otherwise usually see. For me I would still want to go with the silver lettering and exhaust tips, but that is a BEEyoutiful car!
This looks like an HDR effect applied to the photo - it exaggerates local contrast so shiny surfaces look a lot more shiny, skies look more dramatic etc.Some phones probably do it automatically these days with AI based enhancement. Or maybe its just a very very shiny car :)

Freshlayers did do a stunning job and it really was unbelievably shiny when I picked it up. It was the second Emira they had done, as they did a Nimbus Grey one the week before mine:

View attachment 26484

I had their PPF Track Pack + Full Roof and full A Pillars as an extra (I have the full black pack and the black roof is very soft paint, similar to the piano black finish that many cars have on their B-pillar trims). The entire car had a machine polish prior to PPF and their Wax Is Dead Ultimate ceramic coating. Cost was £2590 + VAT, so not cheap, but I am hoping it is worth it as I am planning to keep the car long term. I would certainly recommend Freshlayers if you are in the Chichester West Sussex vicinity.
I did a track pack PPF, including A-pillar but figured being black the roof would be easy enough to repaint in the future if it got really chipped and scratched. Bit naughty posting NG in a DV thread, but forgivable since it looks great :D

They are the photos that Freshlayers posted on their Instagram. Not sure what camera they use etc., I just tend to use my phone

They are the photos that Freshlayers posted on their Instagram. Not sure what camera they use etc., I just tend to use my phone
its just the clarity slider in Lightroom with a shot of vibrance or similar effect in other products. Personally I think the effect is over used in a lot of photography these days.

I think you can usually tell when a car has PPF on it. That extra shiny look is because the car is basically covered in Saran wrap.

Here's some pics of mine and a drive through Wales, duplicated from my Journal thread...

Attachments

• Emira - 9 of 9.png
    Emira - 9 of 9.png
    740.3 KB · Views: 196
  • Emira - 8 of 9.png
    Emira - 8 of 9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
  • Emira - 7 of 9.png
    Emira - 7 of 9.png
    891.9 KB · Views: 189
  • Emira - 6 of 9.png
    Emira - 6 of 9.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • Emira - 5 of 9.png
    Emira - 5 of 9.png
    723 KB · Views: 182
  • Emira - 4 of 9.png
    Emira - 4 of 9.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
  • Emira - 3 of 9.png
    Emira - 3 of 9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
  • Emira - 2 of 9.png
    Emira - 2 of 9.png
    1 MB · Views: 192
  • Emira - 1 of 9.png
    Emira - 1 of 9.png
    1 MB · Views: 209
Here's some pics of mine and a drive through Wales, duplicated from my Journal thread...
Thanks for sharing, looks amazing. I'm still torn on what interior color I'd want to pair with Dark Verdant, tan or black. The tan Lotus chose feels a little too orangey, but black is too safe. How're you liking the tan with Dark Verdant combo?

Love it. I was worried it was too orange. It's better than the photos, and suits the car, would prefer it to be more classically brown/beige but it does suit DV. It's not too over the top. I think black would be too somber, white is not great (seen a DV car with white at the dealer seats looked dirty at 1k miles) and red is a bit in your face, although looks great with dark grey paint.

Alcantara no good on seats unless you keep them squeaky clean.

Thanks for sharing, looks amazing. I'm still torn on what interior color I'd want to pair with Dark Verdant, tan or black. The tan Lotus chose feels a little too orangey, but black is too safe. How're you liking the tan with Dark Verdant combo?
I have DV with Tan,definitely not orange, photos don't do the colour justice,so glad I went for Tan.

DV, the hardest colour to keep clean!

View attachment 26177View attachment 26178
Could you be so kind to post some interior pics. I spy the ice grey interior, trying to decide if I like it with DV (an opportunity has arisen to pick the spec up).

Also, how are you finding keep the interior clean? I worry about jeans marking the leather over time and so on

Could you be so kind to post some interior pics. I spy the ice grey interior, trying to decide if I like it with DV (an opportunity has arisen to pick the spec up). Also, how are you finding keep the interior clean? I worry about jeans marking the leather over time and so on
I'm around 1500 miles in and the Ice Grey looks new. I gave it a coat of Gtechniq Leather Guard on day 1 which is easy to apply, seems to be keeping it clean. Any marks I just take a damp cloth to it and they come off easily.

I'd say it's a modern crisp look. I tried to capture more of the combination from the outside but there's no polarisation on this phone lens so I'm just getting reflection on the glass.

Attachments

• E4F7144A-486E-423D-BEC4-6081B9B31848.jpeg
    E4F7144A-486E-423D-BEC4-6081B9B31848.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 446BACD0-D202-4561-8538-23EBC207C4AE.jpeg
    446BACD0-D202-4561-8538-23EBC207C4AE.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 8F730C05-46AD-4727-BFAB-BD270FE59FDE.jpeg
    8F730C05-46AD-4727-BFAB-BD270FE59FDE.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 813FB51F-AA37-400B-9842-BF43D907FDD8.jpeg
    813FB51F-AA37-400B-9842-BF43D907FDD8.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 109
  • EB978C3E-E38C-40B7-AB9C-5156066E969D.jpeg
    EB978C3E-E38C-40B7-AB9C-5156066E969D.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 103
I'm around 1500 miles in and the Ice Grey looks new. I gave it a coat of Gtechniq Leather Guard on day 1 which is easy to apply, seems to be keeping it clean. Any marks I just take a damp cloth to it and they come off easily.

I'd say it's a modern crisp look. I tried to capture more of the combination from the outside but there's no polarisation on this phone lens so I'm just getting reflection on the glass.
Thank you so much!

I have not seen many DV with that interior!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back