πŸ† EPOTM Winner DesertEmira - πŸ† August 2024 Emira of the Month Winner!

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1000098394.jpg

August was our best month ever for Emira entries to the Emira of the Month contest! I'm really stoked as it seems like interest is really picking up. I'll be getting the new thread going in the next few days. For August, our winner was @DesertEmira and what a beautiful shot it is. The brakes are glowing and it's just a great fit with the color of the car, what a photo!

You can check out the winning entry at this link: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/...our-entries-and-vote-in-here.4991/post-146223

Wow the shot is fantastic, especially with the glowing brakes and body color. Congrats πŸ†

Such an awesome shot @DesertEmira!

I remember playing Forza and pausing at just the right time to enter photo mode with the red hot rotors in all their firey glory. Getting this shot IRL is epic! Well deserved win! πŸ‘πŸΌ

*hope you're running upgraded pads and some high temp fluid. πŸ˜‰

Thanks @VL3X, I used to do the exact same thing and as a result this photo has been the wallpaper for some time.

And Yes to upgraded pads but still standard fluid. Surprisingly have been able to run around 25-30 laps at a time without boiling but it is due for replacement now.

Great photo but a question immediately comes to mind - can the front/rear brake bias be adjusted on an Emira (without a huge amount of faff)?

I imagine it would take a decent amount of work, would need swapping out the master cylinders, replumbing and putting in a bias control/adjuster all while likely removing ABS. (Although I have not looked into it)

The bigger question would be what are you trying to achieve and are you experiencing a braking dynamic that needs it?

I imagine it would take a decent amount of work, would need swapping out the master cylinders, replumbing and putting in a bias control/adjuster all while likely removing ABS. (Although I have not looked into it)

The bigger question would be what are you trying to achieve and are you experiencing a braking dynamic that needs it?
I’m curious as from the photo there is clearly much more heat generated by the front brakes which suggests a standard set up for heavy breaking in a straight line (with significant forward weight transfer) - ie a fair amount of front brake bias (not to mention stronger front brakes with larger, drilled & slotted front disks). I don’t know if I will ever track my Emira but it would be useful to adjust the brake bias depending on the track layout (trail braking round sweeping bends vs straight line braking into sharp corners) and conditions (wet vs dry) where a more neutral brake bias may be desirable. Note that significant front brake bias as standard might explain the initial β€œbrake grab” that many drivers experience.

Back