• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Design 101: comparing the Ferrari 308

Lotus hired a new team for the Emira HCI, headed by an ex-McLaren designer. They pitched their ideas in competition with the Geely studio and won. They have had access to capabilities and kit from across the whole group. There’s apparently a lot of thought gone into simplicity and ease of use. And importantly, things you need to use often while driving are on physical switches, knobs and buttons that you can locate and use without taking your eyes off the road.

Looking forward to seeing how it works in practice. There’s a good section on the prototype in one of the Schmee videos visiting Hethel.

Here's the video - from 7:35 - showing the screen prototypes and what's covered by physical buttons and knobs:

Maybe some additions would improve the overall look of the car

Attachments

• B4ECB49F-B135-4FF6-ACA4-A7F54693FEC5.jpeg
    B4ECB49F-B135-4FF6-ACA4-A7F54693FEC5.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 31
In the thread @TomE raised about colour choice I posted that I was drawn to Magma because of my teenage 'lust' for the 308 that Magnum drove; I now realise from the great comparisons above that the attraction to the Emira probably goes deeper than just colour!

Nice thread @Johnson and also great analysis of the various lines by @eclat2emira on the other thread 👍.

In the thread @TomE raised about colour choice I posted that I was drawn to Magma because of my teenage 'lust' for the 308 that Magnum drove; I now realise from the great comparisons above that the attraction to the Emira probably goes deeper than just colour!

Nice thread @Johnson and also great analysis of the various lines by @eclat2emira on the other thread 👍.
The joys and dangers of teenage lust! Acting on mine would involve selling the house to buy a Countach and hoping i could pull Debbie Harry in it - or the tennis player who seemed to have forgotten her underwear! I think that's all the Athena posters covered. :ROFLMAO: