• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

EBC Blue allrounder?

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all, happy new year!!!

I’m planning to bring my Emira to some track days in 2024 and I was looking for some track oriented brake pads, nothing too focus but to rely on, no squealing mandatory!!!!

I’ve been putting my eyes on EBC Bluestuff brake pads, Here, do you have any experience/suggestion on them? Previously I has Pagid RS19 on another car, great but squealed like hell!!!

Btw I’m not very experienced, do you have some references for track days calendar/organization around Europe? to enrich my knowledge And not miss precious opportunities!

Personal opinion: steer clear...

Having run track cars for many years, personal experience with bluestuff pads on an RX-8, I had 3 sets, all worn down to the backing plates within a day on track each time (admittedly very hard driving). For balance, I do know other people who run bluestuff pads with better mileage than that, although on balance they do seem to wear out quicker than other track focussed pads.

I currently use carbotech XP10 pads (other similar pads available from other suppliers) - These will squeal in road driving, but quiet on track when hot. Honestly, in my experience, the best track pads do squeal when driving on the road... Options are to either live with that, or swap out road & track pads before/after each track day.

And this is not me just being anti-EBC, as I successfully ran yellowstuff in an MR2 for many years with no issue (MR2 is much lighter, less fast, generally easier on brakes).

Final note, I know a few people have tracked their Emiras already, would be good to get some evidence on how the OEM pads hold up under hard track use, before determining whether 'upgrade' pads are actually required (the answer to this could also depend on whether your planned usage is just a couple of casual track days a year, or whether much heavier track usage planned).

I don’t know if they offer brake pads for the emira but Endless MX72+ were the sweet spot for me when I dailyed + tracked my M2. Back then it was also really hard to source took me almost a year (2-3 years ago).