• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira configuration - it's u-turn time!

I’ve gone for silver wheels no matter which colour I go for. I’ve got diamond cut alloys on the M3 and there a pain to recut, the laquer always goes milky and bubbles.
I totally get that, I've got diamond cut wheels on my Vantage, needing refurbed now - that's not bad after 7 years but then I'm only doing 1500 miles per annum in it. and the next time they need to get done (under someone else's ownership!) they'll need to go all silver as this is their last viable cut.

Great spec!!! Same spec here except:

Black Pack, Yes. I think the Black pack looks best with the Verdant and Greys.

Black Gloss wheels instead of silver. Like Russell said, black is more aggressive, race car type look.

Black calipers instead of yellow. Again, I want a dark car and yellow calipers, yellow center caps, and gold wheels seems too much.

Suspension: Sport not touring. Not a daily driver. James Bond will be riding shot gun and his martini will be shaken not stirred after a ride with me!
That will look awesome - mean green driving machine!

Are you going for gold on the wheels? I may switch to that in future - it is a great look with a real race-car vibe.

My same exact configuration, and for the same reasons. Congrats!!
correction…. I’m still trying to figure out wheels….
have you placed the order?
Yes, order placed! I'll add another post shortly with my reason for going with silver wheels in more detail.

I totally get that, I've got diamond cut wheels on my Vantage, needing refurbed now - that's not bad after 7 years but then I'm only doing 1500 miles per annum in it. and the next time they need to get done (under someone else's ownership!) they'll need to go all silver as this is their last viable cut.
I've got one more cut left and then they need to be painted. Plus refurbs on diamond cut alloys are more than straight silver refurbs. I actually like the wheels on the grey car doing the rounds but these i think will only be offered on the base car as they are composite and not forged wheels (so the Harry/Russell video indicated)

Great spec!!! Same spec here except:

Black Pack, Yes. I think the Black pack looks best with the Verdant and Greys.

Black Gloss wheels instead of silver. Like Russell said, black is more aggressive, race car type look.

Black calipers instead of yellow. Again, I want a dark car and yellow calipers, yellow center caps, and gold wheels seems too much.

Suspension: Sport not touring. Not a daily driver. James Bond will be riding shot gun and his martini will be shaken not stirred after a ride with me!

My spec exactly :)

Disclaimer: all aforementioned colours and specifications are subject to change based on the authors mood

That will look awesome - mean green driving machine!

Are you going for gold on the wheels? I may switch to that in future - it is a great look with a real race-car vibe.

I drive a lot on mountain roads on the weekends. Winter temps can be in the 30s and summer temps in the 80s so I will have the traditional winter/summer setup. So I thought the gold would look very well with the Verdant Green and I will run the stock black gloss wheels too.

My spec exactly :)

Disclaimer: all aforementioned colours and specifications are subject to change based on the authors mood

I had wondered if anyone had anything similar. If the green is lighter than expected that works, if the green is dark, that works too. What is your second choice color that is due to become your first choice based on your mood??!

Great spec and absolutely what I chose initially, only thing holding me back is the Green was so dark on the samples and Ive only seen them under artificial lighting in the showroom. Nimbus (Harry spec) is now joint first choice with green. I REALLY want to love the green through :)

Good evening/morning/afternoon - select according to time-zone. (G'day if you're in Australia!)

Well it's done!!! After weeks and months of agonizing I have made my choices - here's what they are and why, along with a screenshot.

Colour - Dark Verdant: classy, British and Lotus. If it's a little lighter than the sample discs then great, but I'll take it even if it's not.
Black Pack - not with the green, it's dark enough not to need it and my interior choice looks better without the black roof.
Interior - Tan! After months of saying green and tan was a bit too traditionaI I suddenly fell in love with it.
Steering wheel - black alcantara, tactility and functionality, plus it adds another texture inside.
Wheels - the green needs the bright silver for me, added benefit being the silver wheels, while the same size as the others, look slightly larger.
Calipers - I could have gone silver for a clean, super-classy look but the pop of yellow works so well and this is a Lotus, not an Aston.
Engine - V6. After saying i4 since day 1, impatience plus the possibility to run this for a couple of years then switch to i4 got the better of me. Looking forward to the soundtrack....
Gearbox - Manual. I've read so many complimentary things about the auto and this will be a daily driver after all but the inclusion of the LSD swung it.
Suspension - Touring. The Harry's garage video nearly switched me to sports, but then I reminded myself he was on a track, whereas I'll be on Scottish roads 99% of the time.

So here she is....

View attachment 1096
Try to load this configuration code today and see the difference in color?

Good evening/morning/afternoon - select according to time-zone. (G'day if you're in Australia!)

Well it's done!!! After weeks and months of agonizing I have made my choices - here's what they are and why, along with a screenshot.

Colour - Dark Verdant: classy, British and Lotus. If it's a little lighter than the sample discs then great, but I'll take it even if it's not.
Black Pack - not with the green, it's dark enough not to need it and my interior choice looks better without the black roof.
Interior - Tan! After months of saying green and tan was a bit too traditionaI I suddenly fell in love with it.
Steering wheel - black alcantara, tactility and functionality, plus it adds another texture inside.
Wheels - the green needs the bright silver for me, added benefit being the silver wheels, while the same size as the others, look slightly larger.
Calipers - I could have gone silver for a clean, super-classy look but the pop of yellow works so well and this is a Lotus, not an Aston.
Engine - V6. After saying i4 since day 1, impatience plus the possibility to run this for a couple of years then switch to i4 got the better of me. Looking forward to the soundtrack....
Gearbox - Manual. I've read so many complimentary things about the auto and this will be a daily driver after all but the inclusion of the LSD swung it.
Suspension - Touring. The Harry's garage video nearly switched me to sports, but then I reminded myself he was on a track, whereas I'll be on Scottish roads 99% of the time.

So here she is....

View attachment 1096
If I hadn't gone that route on my F-Type I would certainly be following suit with you

Attachments

• 20151203_111358.jpg
    20151203_111358.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 51
Same here, needed a change and going for Nimbus,

Regarding the wheels with the green, I had it silver and changed for black, just a personal preference, here is sample of before and after in my Aston, so you see the difference and maybe it helps the decision, although to me they both look great.

IMG_0823.jpegIMG_0829.jpeg

Very, very nice!! I'm going back and forth between green and red.......

I admit your build has me going back and rethinking mine.......

I admit your build has me going back and rethinking mine......

I admit your build has me going back and rethinking mine.......
People are complaining about only 6 colors but i cant imagine having to chose from even more colors. This is so hard. I need to see the colors in person and i need to see them next to each other and i know that isnt going to happen. God help me if they release a dozen new colors before i order

People are complaining about only 6 colors but i cant imagine having to chose from even more colors. This is so hard. I need to see the colors in person and i need to see them next to each other and i know that isnt going to happen. God help me if they release a dozen new colors before i order
Wrapping , wrapping !! 🤪

I was a solid yellow. Then I was blue vs. red. Then I was green with tan. Then I went to the event and now I'm shadow grey. But I just started looking at blue again..... If they just had a loud orange or lime green I'd chose and be done with it.

I was a solid yellow. Then I was blue vs. red. Then I was green with tan. Then I went to the event and now I'm shadow grey. But I just started looking at blue again..... If they just had a loud orange or lime green I'd chose and be done with it.
My wife likes Shadow Grey but mostly everybody else just hates the colour - Ive only seen the Blue in the UK but thinking of Nimbus Grey but whats your impression of Shadow was it took dark?

My wife likes Shadow Grey but mostly everybody else just hates the colour - Ive only seen the Blue in the UK but thinking of Nimbus Grey but whats your impression of Shadow was it took dark?
I would have never picked shadow grey until I saw it at the event - thought it looked very nice and the light catching on the curves really emphasized the shape of the car. I'm thinking tan interior just to lighten it up a bit. If you haven't actually seen the car it's going to be very hard to pick the right color. At this point I'm struggling with 3 "feels"

1) yellow or blue - the "fun" feel
2) Verdant green with tan : the grown up "sophisticated" feel
3) Shadow grey possibly with black wheels: the "mean/sporty looking" feel

I would have never picked shadow grey until I saw it at the event - thought it looked very nice and the light catching on the curves really emphasized the shape of the car. I'm thinking tan interior just to lighten it up a bit. If you haven't actually seen the car it's going to be very hard to pick the right color. At this point I'm struggling with 3 "feels"

1) yellow or blue - the "fun" feel
2) Verdant green with tan : the grown up "sophisticated" feel
3) Shadow grey possibly with black wheels: the "mean/sporty looking" feel
Did the black parts (like black air ducts behind doors) stand out on Shadow Grey or just merge in. Ideally I want the black parts to be a contrast to the colour of the paintwork as there's some great detailing in the Emira which may be hidden by a really dark colour.

Did the black parts (like black air ducts behind doors) stand out on Shadow Grey or just merge in. Ideally I want the black parts to be a contrast to the colour of the paintwork as there's some great detailing in the Emira which may be hidden by a really dark colour.
I took this picture at the Bellevue showing. Maybe it will help?

Attachments

• 20211117_150703.jpg
    20211117_150703.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 105