Emira i4 - Current recalls

DJManc

Reaction score
Recently spoke to my local dealership to order a key for my Emira and they informed me that there are 4 current outstanding recalls on my car (March 24 vehicle).
1. HVAC shield
2. Climate Control module.
3. ECM update (not sure if this is the gearbox software update that everyone is hoping for).
4. DTML hose modification (AMG engine).
My dealership (Oakmere Cheshire) is currently booking 2 months ahead, so if you are thinking of getting these updates done book early!
These recalls do not currently show on the .gov website. You will need to call a lotus dealership with your chassis number to check for outstanding recalls.

They don’t show on the .gov website because Lotus don’t officially call them recalls. I discovered this during my many, many phone calls with Lotus CC. It’s very cheeky of them tbh. It could easily be argued that failure of the HVAC system is a safety issue.

I’m also quite surprised that i4s have been delivered without the HVAC shield already installed. Mine was fitted in October 23 after the resistor motor failed due to water ingress.

Im currently struggling to get Oakmere to fix the carpet which was broken from delivery. Despite many calls I can’t get them to respond to the warranty request to fix it. I’m really disappointed with them, when I had my last Lotus they were pretty good but not now. I’ll add the above to my call with them next week when I follow up with them yet again.

there are 4 current outstanding recalls
Wow - this is news to me. I'm also in the first i4 batch and my dealership have been silent on this. It sounds like la lot of work. I'll give them a call today to confirm as I'd rather be getting this done sooner rather than later.

They don’t show on the .gov website because Lotus don’t officially call them recalls
I see you're also in Surrey. Is B&C your local dealership? It would be good to know what they've told you on these recalls.

Recently spoke to my local dealership to order a key for my Emira and they informed me that there are 4 current outstanding recalls on my car (March 24 vehicle).
1. HVAC shield
2. Climate Control module.
3. ECM update (not sure if this is the gearbox software update that everyone is hoping for).
4. DTML hose modification (AMG engine).
My dealership (Oakmere Cheshire) is currently booking 2 months ahead, so if you are thinking of getting these updates done book early!
These recalls do not currently show on the .gov website. You will need to call a lotus dealership with your chassis number to check for outstanding recalls.
What is the DTML hose modification about? Also, the Climate control module?

I’ve had the HVAC shield and ECM update, don’t know about those others, but will ask.

I see you're also in Surrey. Is B&C your local dealership? It would be good to know what they've told you on these recalls.
They are my local dealership and they have had my Emira now for 3.5 months. I guess they're too busy sorting all the problems out to talk about recalls!!

I just spoke to Bell and Colvill in Surrey and they said that based on my VIN, the only update due on my car was software. No mention of the other things in the list at the top. It's a bit strange as my car was also a March delivery. I don't see how this could be so unless the cars were manufactured at different times. Perhaps they paused manufacture at some point due to the type approval issues?

Has anyone else had recall work done for these?

HVAC shield
Climate Control module.
DTML hose modification (AMG engine).

Got my i4 car in March, had a recall for the HVAC shield but when they checked the car, it had already been done at the factory. No word about Climate Control module, but had the hose modification done, at the same time as the software update for the gearbox.

Got my i4 car in March, had a recall for the HVAC shield but when they checked the car, it had already been done at the factory. No word about Climate Control module, but had the hose modification done, at the same time as the software update for the gearbox.
This doesn't really fill me with confidence that the recall logging system is fit for purpose.

I just spoke to Bell and Colvill in Surrey and they said that based on my VIN, the only update due on my car was software. No mention of the other things in the list at the top. It's a bit strange as my car was also a March delivery. I don't see how this could be so unless the cars were manufactured at different times. Perhaps they paused manufacture at some point due to the type approval issues?

Has anyone else had recall work done for these?

HVAC shield
Climate Control module.
DTML hose modification (AMG engine).
I've not had any recall work done on my car, but I've not checked to see if anything is due as it is 2h to the dealer for me so not exactly the work of a moment to take it in.

I'm pretty sure there was indeed a pause in manufacture, mine has a MY23 VIN whereas others with March cars have a MY24 VIN. Also I've had the service due notice pop up which matches with the Sept 23 build timescale I was given prior to the type approval delay.

Damn I’m hoping my I4 built in Sept 24 will be recall free.
Wait...I thought Lotus wasn't shipping any i4s to the USA yet? I looked at the Oct tracking report and there are VINs above and below mine...but not mine. How did you find out your build date? My VIN is SCCLEKMX3RHB44613.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back