Emira i4 - Current recalls

Depends on who you ask. My dealer told me a couple months back that Lotus is not building/shipping any i4s until all V6 backorders have been fulfilled.
Well the building part isn't correct, I have news (and a VIN) that indicates mine has exited production. As far as I can tell its been sitting in Norfolk UK for about a month now..

But the shipping part seems to be spot on..

Is it just my dealership, or is it more of them? Mine seems to have no idea what the software recalls actually do. The 3 they installed on mine, I had to ask for them to check what the recalls were actually fixing as they didnt know.
I wanted to know if one of them fixed the "engaging reverse" issue, as I had this issue. They had to contact Lotus to find out, granted just their website, but it seems daft that they install stuff, not having a clue, what they are actually correcting.

I guess the days of Mechanics are truly over and they really are just Technicians.

Is it just my dealership, or is it more of them? Mine seems to have no idea what the software recalls actually do. The 3 they installed on mine, I had to ask for them to check what the recalls were actually fixing as they didnt know.
I wanted to know if one of them fixed the "engaging reverse" issue, as I had this issue. They had to contact Lotus to find out, granted just their website, but it seems daft that they install stuff, not having a clue, what they are actually correcting.

I guess the days of Mechanics are truly over and they really are just Technicians.
When I called up the service department and explained I was having difficulty engaging reverse, the service manager was very good, he told me there was an optional software update (not a recall) that was available that would improve gear selection, I asked if it did anything else and was told no its just to improve reverse gear selection. This is the first dealings I've had with the service department but so far so good.

Well the building part isn't correct, I have news (and a VIN) that indicates mine has exited production. As far as I can tell its been sitting in Norfolk UK for about a month now..

But the shipping part seems to be spot on..
Yeah…. My VIN is 4068…. So mine has also been sitting over there since beginning of September. It seems likely politics and marketing decisions are why they are sitting on the I4’s instead of shipping. And since I believe the dealer all the certs have been done….. it’s likely more marketing logistics.

Just my opinion…..

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back