• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira V6 Getting Phased out in USA?

I don't know, but if Geely decides to not sunset the Emira, and give the go-ahead to keep developing it for another 5 or 10 years, then it's possible that one of the new Toyota hybrid engines could be used for future Emiras.

I agree about the manual. That literally made the decision for me to pick up the phone and put my deposit down way back when. Although for me, I also really like the sound of the V6 compared to the 4. Even if they have the same power, I still prefer the 6.
The Emira will always be special. But it is an increment of a shrinking car market niche - sportscars. Then there's the speculation that our ilk were early adopters. and more mainstream interest in a foreign boutique brand faces headwinds. Smaller market segments do not make for profitable growth. I foresee a push for the electric versions over ICE-capades.
The 14 and Base editions will close this out. Just another opinion taking up Forum space.

The Emira will always be special. But it is an increment of a shrinking car market niche - sportscars. Then there's the speculation that our ilk were early adopters. and more mainstream interest in a foreign boutique brand faces headwinds. Smaller market segments do not make for profitable growth. I foresee a push for the electric versions over ICE-capades.
The 14 and Base editions will close this out. Just another opinion taking up Forum space.
I'm not so sure it's shrinking because of a lack of interest, or if it's shrinking because of the cost of entry. The obsession with power and performance has pushed the price up to the point where only an older, more affluent segment of the market can afford them. Then there's the insurance prices on top of that, which for young people are totally out of sight.

We're starting to see where the normal decision factors of economics are beginning to return some sanity to the auto industry, so maybe Geely will see it's way to allow the Emira to have a longer run as long as it's selling. The Evija, Eletre and Emeya have to be costing them a bundle. They put all that money into creating them, and they're just not selling.