Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Oh dear a December 2022 car with only delivery miles 8 months old not sold,
unless taking some big hits, peeps going to be stuck with these cars especially when 23 plate advertised cars are cheaper

Attachments

• IMG_9161.jpeg
    IMG_9161.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Oh dear a December 2022 car with only delivery miles 8 months old not sold,
unless taking some big hits, peeps going to be stuck with these cars especially when 23 plate advertised cars are cheaper
I agree it's super weird, but I wonder if it's also happening with other sports cars / supercars too? Reason being that I also follow the used Gallardo market, and most of the listings on autotrader.ca have been up for 6–12 months.

It just seems like used sports cars aren't moving right now.

I agree it's super weird, but I wonder if it's also happening with other sports cars / supercars too? Reason being that I also follow the used Gallardo market, and most of the listings on autotrader.ca have been up for 6–12 months.

It just seems like used sports cars aren't moving right now.
How about the well gossiped first year model teething problems?

I took mine off autotrader yesterday,was on for over 2 months at 80k-i got 2 calls 😂

Good news I gave it back to Lotus in the end,my nightmare waiting for my car has come to an end.

I'll be back in a few years when they sort their act out.

You mean you sold it back or they accepted it back as a return?

Lots here in a position where they are picking the car up with cash, I think.

If you are using credit, it’s just too expensive for most people. I put £35k down and I’m still paying £580s a month. That is a lot of money to splurge on a toy car when the cost of living and mortgages are so high. The market for this type of luxury item has shrunk, and if interest rates don’t fall soon, it’s only going to get smaller when home owners renew deals.

............ The market for this type of luxury item has shrunk, and if interest rates don’t fall soon, it’s only going to get smaller when home owners renew deals.

Agreed. So it makes me think that I should delay the purchase of an Emira as I have several other cars that I can play with in the mean-time. Then in 2025 - 2026, one might be able to order an Emira with a small discount off MSRP and get access to options/features/colors not available on the FE or initial base models. :unsure:

Agreed. So it makes me think that I should delay the purchase of an Emira as I have several other cars that I can play with in the mean-time. Then in 2025 - 2026, one might be able to order an Emira with a small discount off MSRP and get access to options/features/colors not available on the FE or initial base models. :unsure:
Yeah I don’t see why not…

My only concern with jumping off the list would be that when production slows to the point where lotus just chops the night shift and half’s production output to save on costs. Then you might see the second hand market go up as the expected total number of cars made will drop. Lotus are not building this car forever, it’s the last proper car and they stop making them in a few years from what I gather.

@action_turtle - Yes, timing will be important. In talking with my Lotus Dealer, they say when my spot in line comes up, I can have them skip over me and I retain my "Next in Line" status. I don't think I would delay much past the beginning of 2025 as an order-in date, so delivery in late 2025 or early 2026.
With all the Emira delays for North America, I'm unsure when Lotus will stop production of the Emira. The politics of EV introduction and sales in the US is highly volatile. With several major vehicle manufacturers backing off of their EV only timelines and going down the Toyota Hybrid route.

It's a situation that will have to be monitored closely.......:)

No miles isn’t this like £5k ish cheaper than new - surprised even with decent saving against rrp no takers .

Attachments

• IMG_9179.jpeg
    IMG_9179.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 47
No miles isn’t this like £5k ish cheaper than new - surprised even with decent saving against rrp no takers .

Might need significant warranty work? Yes, it will get done and sorted out, yet when? Knowledgeable buyers might be waiting as the UK market seems to be getting saturated.

Just took a look at the UK Auto Trader for Emiras....

46 for sale!

46 Emiras for sale.png

Prices are starting to drop a little too.......

The market for sports cars in the UK is turning down, it’s not just Emiras. Cost of finance has increased significantly since January and some people are feeling that in their monthly mortgage costs too.

Have they been selling over sticker price in the UK? In the US they add sales tax and over fees which increases the cost by 6 to 8 %… I would be interested to know…
Some YouTuber in Canada states that cars are not hitting reserve…
What is the market doing now?

Rarely see red cars for sale. Must be the best colour as people keep them :D
Waiting for a magma red in the US. I think the North American market will be a little different than UK and Europe.
1. They have worked out some of the bugs… It will be over a year of production before deliveries start.
2. Much greater market and will take a greater quality to saturate & satisfy demand..
3. A little easier to get financing.
4. A lot of individuals have been waiting along time… The fact that FIrst Editions were increased.. reinforces # 2.
What do you guys think 🤔

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back