Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

This car is a total outlier. Lotus are going electric fast. New cars built in China. This car is almost a holdover from the past. I wonder what the people advertising lightly used cars in the classifieds are feeling about their asking price?

This car is a total outlier. Lotus are going electric fast. New cars built in China. This car is almost a holdover from the past. I wonder what the people advertising lightly used cars in the classifieds are feeling about their asking price?
I would bet that the Emira will be in production for longer than many folks think. Yes, demand will fall & rise with the global economy and interest rates, yet the sales of electric Sports Cars has been weak at best. (Porsche has thousands of Taycans sitting on dealer lots in the US, yet its difficult to get an allocation for a ICE 911/Cayman/Boxster).

Most Sports Car buyer want the Sound and Driving Engagement offered from an ICE car with a geared transmission, not the faux space shuttle hmmmm in current EVs. The Emira offers what the Sports Car buyer wants, and does it very, very well. Yes, Emira initial production quality has been rocky, and lots on this forum complain about it (including myself), yet the issues seem to be slowly resolved and we are hearing much less problems with todays production versus that of 2022.

The Lotus market in the UK seems a little saturated at the moment, so here is your opportunity to buy a great car that will be envied where ever you go, and get it at a reasonable discount off current list. Yet I would not wait too long as the market can shift quickly. Best of luck hunting for your Emira. I hope you find your perfect spec soon!

I would bet that the Emira will be in production for longer than many folks think. Yes, demand will fall & rise with the global economy and interest rates, yet the sales of electric Sports Cars has been weak at best. (Porsche has thousands of Taycans sitting on dealer lots in the US, yet its difficult to get an allocation for a ICE 911/Cayman/Boxster).

Most Sports Car buyer want the Sound and Driving Engagement offered from an ICE car with a geared transmission, not the faux space shuttle hmmmm in current EVs. The Emira offers what the Sports Car buyer wants, and does it very, very well. Yes, Emira initial production quality has been rocky, and lots on this forum complain about it (including myself), yet the issues seem to be slowly resolved and we are hearing much less problems with todays production versus that of 2022.

The Lotus market in the UK seems a little saturated at the moment, so here is your opportunity to buy a great car that will be envied where ever you go, and get it at a reasonable discount off current list. Yet I would not wait too long as the market can shift quickly. Best of luck hunting for your Emira. I hope you find your perfect spec soon!
Lots in here to agree with. Yet, the sports car market is a small and shrinking niche. Manual transmission borderline lost art. We are part of a specialty market, even as Lotus is the epitome of the enthusiast segment.
#ForTheSpecialFew

There's a yellow one with 3000 miles on the clock for under £70k now.

The whole sportscar supercar market is currently crashing. The cost of credit just made these toys twice as expensibe as they used to be.

Reactions: DJS
Lotus now advertising cancelled orders for sale direct from the factory at list price:

Well, they wanted a "direct to consumer" model. Now they're getting one good and hard!

There's a yellow one with 3000 miles on the clock for under £70k now.

The whole sportscar supercar market is currently crashing. The cost of credit just made these toys twice as expensibe as they used to be.

Twice as expensive? Seems a bit of an exaggeration. You'd have to jump from 3% to 35% interest rate to double the overall cost of the car over 5 years.

Monthly payments have doubled for many, that's the issue.

I’m hoping for a Q1 or Q2 build 2024, I’m going ahead no matter where second hand values are. Personally I see these type of vehicles as toys and expect to lose money. If I didn’t want to lose I’d leave my £87000+ in the fixed bond earning 5.5% but where’s the fun in that. I plan on using it regularly to get my enjoyment which you can’t put a price on IMO, I dread to think how much money I’ve lost on foreign holidays over the years.

I’m hoping for a Q1 or Q2 build 2024, I’m going ahead no matter where second hand values are. Personally I see these type of vehicles as toys and expect to lose money. If I didn’t want to lose I’d leave my £87000+ in the fixed bond earning 5.5% but where’s the fun in that. I plan on using it regularly to get my enjoyment which you can’t put a price on IMO, I dread to think how much money I’ve lost on foreign holidays over the years.
Would you not find yourself compelled to consider a newly new car, with under 1k miles at £16k off?

Would you not find yourself compelled to consider a newly new car, with under 1k miles at £16k off?
There’s a lot of common sense in what you say John I understand that, but Im after a car that’s 18 months+ into production so any early issues may have been dealt with by Lotus, and most importantly for me an Emira painted in the unpopular Zinc Grey. But you’re 100% correct there are some bargains to be had I was in the dealership Wednesday looking at the stock(had some time kill)and whatever the money it’s a fantastic looking car. Are you buying or on orde, if you don’t mind me asking.

I gave real consideration to ordering on release. They are great looking cars and I’ve owned many Lotus cars in the past.
My first Elise held its value so well that when I sold it after a year, I bought another and lost next to nothing in the process.
The last few years have been kind to my buying decisions as well. Perhaps it’s the wider financial environment but I fear this somewhat golden period has ended.
I don’t see the Emira dipping under £50k but I do anticipate they will go sub £60k. I’d very much like one at that level.

Tom are you really going to buy a base car for possibly 75k to 80k when you can get an orphaned fe for 81k brand new or the really sensible choice a pre owned car with few hundred miles on at 70k.
Trade price now under 60k dealers won't buy them so why are people clinging on to there own spec when you can definitely get a car very near your spec for 70k?
It doesn't make sense.
I can see the return of tailored finance packages as the only way to sell these cancelled or orphaned cars 0% finance anybody.

Reactions: AGP
Tom are you really going to buy a base car for possibly 75k to 80k when you can get an orphaned fe for 81k brand new or the really sensible choice a pre owned car with few hundred miles on at 70k.
Trade price now under 60k dealers won't buy them so why are people clinging on to there own spec when you can definitely get a car very near your spec for 70k?
It doesn't make sense.
I can see the return of tailored finance packages as the only way to sell these cancelled or orphaned cars 0% finance anybody.
I agree with much of your view. I doubt anyone who has just bought one will be looking to sell at that sub £60k price you mention just yet.

I'm sure they will not its a base trade price because there not selling people will have to hold on till finance rates get cheaper.

It doesn't make sense.
It’s a dilemma. I want a Base car so I don’t have to have the options I don’t want, like KEF audio and premium seats. I also want a solid colour and black callipers, which are no cost options.

But with the long delay before Base production starts and the multiple price increases, it’ll probably be cheaper to buy a lightly-used FE and modify it. I don’t need to decide about my FE and Base deposits until Q1 next year, when Base pricing is announced. I expect there will be a decent selection of used and cancelled FEs by then.

Yes that's my point should get an fe for about 65k q1 next year paint it what colour you like and put the new tillet seats in it.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back