Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Some IPS cars have become available at Lotus dealers recently at reduced prices, compared to non dealer prices.
I moved my I4Fe order to base, when they put the prices up. These price drops are definitely making me reconsider, especially as the I4 reviews haven't been overwhelming and there's no doubt the V6 is the better sounding car. Just not sure about the IPS.
Rybrook Bristol have a new Seneca for £83,555, that's less than the new I4 FE.
Can't see me pursuing a new car with the way they are depreciating so quickly.
I'd be happy with a nearly new for a considerable saving.

Just not sure about the IPS.
Have you driven an IPS Evora? The later IPS Evoras were really very good, much better than the early Evora and the IPS EXige. If the IPS Emira has the same gearbox software as the later Evoras then I don't think you would be disappointed. V6 growl and a bullet proof slush box - could be the 'thinking man's choice' ;)

Reactions: AGP
Have you driven an IPS Evora? The later IPS Evoras were really very good, much better than the early Evora and the IPS EXige. If the IPS Emira has the same gearbox software as the later Evoras then I don't think you would be disappointed. V6 growl and a bullet proof slush box - could be the 'thinking man's choice' ;)
Thanks for the reply. I had an early Evora as a courtesy car for 2 months which was IPS, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't a match for newer style double clutch cars.
I've read that the IPS was much better from evora 400's onwards. I'll have to test drive one👍

It Looks like Lotus Kent will ruffle a few feathers on the 2nd hand market with an
Emira for sale with 311 miles on it for £74.995

Wonder how long it will be until we see the I4 crop up in the UK classifieds...

It Looks like Lotus Kent will ruffle a few feathers on the 2nd hand market with an
Emira for sale with 311 miles on it for £74.995
But it's a VAT Qualifying car, so a private purchaser has VAT on top. I don't think they've included the VAT in the advertised price, as a business purchaser would pay the price shown.

But it's a VAT Qualifying car, so a private purchaser has VAT on top. I don't think they've included the VAT in the advertised price, as a business purchaser would pay the price shown.
Ah, ok that makes sense, it's a marketing ploy to suck people in(y)

The other one I mentioned at Rybrook is brand new, can't see any info regarding VAT qualifying on that, I wonder if that one is the same and why its so cheap:unsure:

Last edited:
Wonder how long it will be until we see the I4 crop up in the UK classifieds...
it will be interesting to see but I'd imagine it wouldn't be for quite some time for reasonable priced cars. There may be some flippers hoping/

Is there any estimate of the proportion of current UK V6s being offered that are flippers (I guess versus people who wanted to be early adopters and are exiting, or those "disillusioned" with Emira and/or Lotus)? I presume some of the cars being offered are from the orphan batch

The other one I mentioned at Rybrook is brand new, can't see any info regarding VAT qualifying on that, I wonder if that one is the same and why its so cheap:unsure:
I suspect that’s a cancelled order at list price pre Aug increase.

Reactions: AGP
Blimey, Lotus have piled into Autotrader (UK) with no less than 8 adverts, the cheapest of which is under £81K for a brand new car with OTR costs included. Is this less than their own list price (I've lost track!)?
Not a particularly good look if so :oops:

EDIT: Yep, about £5K cheaper than if you order one from the website!

Last edited:
Blimey, Lotus have piled into Autotrader (UK) with no less than 8 adverts, the cheapest of which is under £81K for a brand new car with OTR costs included. Is this less than their own list price (I've lost track!)?

Uhm whilst Lotus dealerships are selling new un registered cars at £88k x 4

I think all this VATQ stuff is a load of rubbish personally. If it's a new unregistered car then they're all VAT qualifying if bought for business purposes by a registered individual.

And technically registered businesses do pay VAT, like everyone else, but are able to claim it back (they can't actually transact at the without VAT price).

With second hand cars + vans its different they are only VAT qualifying if they've previously owned by a business and had the VAT claimed back.

It’s a pre-Aug price increase car so is at the list price that applied when it was built.

I think all this VATQ stuff is a load of rubbish personally. If it's a new unregistered car then they're all VAT qualifying if bought for business purposes by a registered individual.

And technically registered businesses do pay VAT, like everyone else, but are able to claim it back (they can't actually transact at the without VAT price).

With second hand cars + vans its different they are only VAT qualifying if they've previously owned by a business and had the VAT claimed back.
You’re right it’s not relevant if it’s a new unregistered car. But if it’s a used car and was originally VAT Q then it IS relevant. That’s the case with one of the recently advertised used Emiras.

A qualifying new owner can maintain the VAT exemption and reclaim it against their business. So although they pay advertised price + VAT at time of purchase, the net cost after reclaim is the lower listed price.

If you’re Miltek or Nitron or Litchfield looking for a used Emira for R&D it’s quite attractive.

You’re right it’s not relevant if it’s a new unregistered car. But if it’s a used car and was originally VAT Q then it IS relevant. That’s the case with one of the recently advertised used Emiras.

A qualifying new owner can maintain the VAT exemption and reclaim it against their business. So although they pay advertised price + VAT at time of purchase, the net cost after reclaim is the lower listed price.

If you’re Miltek or Nitron or Litchfield looking for a used Emira for R&D it’s quite attractive.
I think at 75k that will be the inc. VAT price. Otherwise that's £90k to a private buyer.

A little panic........or what else......?
On "Autotrader.UK" only today the number of RH Emira's for sale is already risen to even 53 units, of which 33 units are advertised for less than GBP 80.000,-
On "Autoscout.DE" the number of LH Emira's offered for the Continent have risen to almost 82 units......
It seems to look not very comfortable for the next months.......

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back