• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras waiting for shipping to USA

I was at the local storage area for export Emiras in Norfolk yesterday. There were about 400 Emiras destined for the USA/Canada. Most seemed to be i4s, but I spotted 6 x V6 manuals, and as I didn't check them all there were probably more. The employee I spoke to said there were another 800 there last week, but they have been shipped (not sure to where). One or two cars had build sheets, one is included
IMG_8678.JPG
IMG_8680.JPG
IMG_8682.JPG
IMG_8683.JPG
IMG_8684.JPG
IMG_8685.JPG
IMG_8687.JPG
IMG_8688.JPG
IMG_8689.JPG
IMG_8690.JPG
in the photos below.

Doh! I grabbed a picture of the build sheet because it was about the only car which had one showing. I just checked it was legible before posting it, didn't spot it was a V6 auto! There may be lots of V6 autos then. Most of the cars were certainly autos.
No worries… seems like mine was struck by a fireball from the Lotus gods…… thanks Rainier 🤣😂 🔥

I emailed customer service this weekend after receiving my i4 vin from my dealer (Lotus of Charlotte). My vin ends in 42xx.

This is the response I got from Lotus CS:

I reached out to our Sales and Distribution team and this is what I found out for you: This vehicle is an Emira Turbo. We are waiting for CARB approval before these units are shipped to the US. We do not have an ETA for this vehicle but expect CARB approval in the next few weeks.

I emailed customer service this weekend after receiving my i4 vin from my dealer (Lotus of Charlotte). My vin ends in 42xx.

This is the response I got from Lotus CS:

I reached out to our Sales and Distribution team and this is what I found out for you: This vehicle is an Emira Turbo. We are waiting for CARB approval before these units are shipped to the US. We do not have an ETA for this vehicle but expect CARB approval in the next few weeks.
Here we go again. I would have assumed they already took care of that???

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back