Engine cover removal

KiwiDave

Reaction score
Has anyone found an easy way to remove the 3 cowls around the engine.
I've tried what the manual says,but can't seem to be able to shift them,don't want to break anything.

I've tried what the manual says,but can't seem to be able to shift them,don't want to break anything.
Hopefully an image locating the clips will give you the location and some confidence to tug a little harder.
IMG_4879.jpeg

Hopefully an image locating the clips will give you the location and some confidence to tug a little harder.
View attachment 26400
Thankyou,far more precise location than the book

I took the below photo, the pins fit into the gray circles. Just use hand pressure at those points.

Attachments

• without cover.jpg
    without cover.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 57
From the factory, the rubber grommets that the pins on the cowls locate into are dry and can grab the pins. Ease them out gently and then lubricate the rubber grommets with silicon spray or similar so it’s much easier in the future.
FYI these rubber grommets are the same as BMW part 11127614138, they are £4 for 4 on Ebay (copies) but they are black, not grey like Lotus have used. I discovered that one was missing on my car, so thought I would gamble with such a cheap purchase, and they fit perfectly 👌

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241012_175501_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20241012_175501_eBay.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20241010_180754.jpg
    20241010_180754.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 5

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back