• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Everyone's Mod Priority List

Found a seat belt source - MyAirbags.com
You could also check out SeatBeltPlanet.com. I just had them re-web my Honda seatbelts in Flame Red last October. They did a fantastic quality job and their customer service is top notch. They answered all my email questions promptly and their turnaround time for the re-webbing was quick. Highly recommended.

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/

Found a seat belt source - MyAirbags.com
FYI, for us Canadians, MyAirBags.com doesn’t ship seatbelts to Canada, so they aren’t an option. Something to do with seatbelts being classified as Class 9 Dangerous Goods.

https://myairbags.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012541247-Do-you-ship-to-Canada

So, for those of us in Canada who are contemplating re-webbing, SeatBeltPlanet will ship to Canada. I don’t know how they get around the Dangerous Goods restriction the other companies are bound by. I didn’t ask. I was just happy to find a company that would ship to Canada. There might be others, but I’ve only had experience with SeatBeltPlanet and am happy with their product/service.

I'm hoping to change the belts as a DIY. Has anyone done it (on any car)? What issues did you encounter? I'm hoping the Emira trim panels won't be too difficult to remove to get to the seat belt bolts.

I’ve had a change of heart, my first mod will be PPF, I plan to install a radar detector and the 3-D printed charging tray.

After that…
I’ve decided to hold back from anything else, because I want to experience the car as Lotus intended for a while, and given my previous Lotus ownership experience, it has taught me you don’t want to do anything to the car that will give HQ an excuse to deny a warranty claim. so for that reason I’m going to spend the first while stock until I’m confident the car has no issues.

I’ve had a change of heart, my first mod will be PPF, I plan to install a radar detector and the 3-D printed charging tray.

After that…
I’ve decided to hold back from anything else, because I want to experience the car as Lotus intended for a while, and given my previous Lotus ownership experience, it has taught me you don’t want to do anything to the car that will give HQ an excuse to deny a warranty claim. so for that reason I’m going to spend the first while stock until I’m confident the car has no issues.
Same here. I was strongly considering the 3rd cat delete and lighter wheels, although I still need a summer/winter setup. At this point I am not sure anything needs to be done. I don't need anymore power and am not interested in a different exhaust. What is a 3-D printed charging tray?

Same here. I was strongly considering the 3rd cat delete and lighter wheels, although I still need a summer/winter setup. At this point I am not sure anything needs to be done. I don't need anymore power and am not interested in a different exhaust. What is a 3-D printed charging tray?
In the center console, some people have replaced the tray which I think is rubber and made a 3-D printed one in Alcantara with MagSafe wireless charging

Short Term:
1) Get the car hopefully
2) Full PPF + Ceramic coating on top on arrival (after making sure the paint is okay)
3) Plan on ordering JUBU CF swan neck wing & splitter
4) JUBU 460 power upgrade, self install

Mid Term:
5) Aerie diffuser + ext, side skirt, vents, other WIP CF like the mirrors
6) Aerie/ GRP interior CF
7) QA1 CF Drive shaft (I heard CF drive shafts are a good upgrade but to what extent, if anyone is knowledgeable?)

Long Term:
8) JUBU 500 power upgrade
9) JUBU splitter + service panel + louvered rear window (bought alongside the power upgrade)

Throw in some extra stuff in there like GRP's lithium battery, potential audio upgrade, and whatever else catches my eye.

I'll probably run out of money before step 4 so will all this stuff get done? Probably not. But with the long wait time at least I have time to dream

FYI, for us Canadians, MyAirBags.com doesn’t ship seatbelts to Canada, so they aren’t an option. Something to do with seatbelts being classified as Class 9 Dangerous Goods.

https://myairbags.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012541247-Do-you-ship-to-Canada

So, for those of us in Canada who are contemplating re-webbing, SeatBeltPlanet will ship to Canada. I don’t know how they get around the Dangerous Goods restriction the other companies are bound by. I didn’t ask. I was just happy to find a company that would ship to Canada. There might be others, but I’ve only had experience with SeatBeltPlanet and am happy with their product/service.
I live near Windsor Ontario across from Detroit Michigan.. I buy stuff online all the time when it is only allowed to be shipped in the USA and not Canada. They have many "mailbox" stores .. like Detroit mailbox for example.. you pay a nominal fee and can ship it to Detroit with an assigned customer # or mailbox. I just cross the border and within 10 mins go pickup my item.. cost is usually $5 for this service.

Check the thread about "fitting a USB cable, etc etc."

Here

I'm hoping to change the belts as a DIY. Has anyone done it (on any car)? What issues did you encounter? I'm hoping the Emira trim panels won't be too difficult to remove to get to the seat belt bolts.
Pretty sure you would need to know the federal torque requirements for the seat belt bolts etc if removing them. This is a critical operation in the plant and a quality safety item.

Pretty sure you would need to know the federal torque requirements for the seat belt bolts etc if removing them. This is a critical operation in the plant and a quality safety item.
Yeah, I'm going to just order mine up when I park it for the season

Pretty sure the techs at the dealership would be able to look up the torque requirements.
Sure, but it would mean not driving it while the seat belts are out.

I live near Windsor Ontario across from Detroit Michigan.. I buy stuff online all the time when it is only allowed to be shipped in the USA and not Canada. They have many "mailbox" stores .. like Detroit mailbox for example.. you pay a nominal fee and can ship it to Detroit with an assigned customer # or mailbox. I just cross the border and within 10 mins go pickup my item.. cost is usually $5 for this service.
Thanks. Yeah, I used to cross border shop quite regularly before Covid. I agree, it’s convenient living so close to the US when certain companies don’t ship to Canada. I‘d ship parcels to a receiving company in Blaine, WA, just 30 seconds across the border from Vancouver. But, since Seatbelt Planet ships to Canada, I found that more convenient.

Yeah, I'm going to just order mine up when I park it for the season
Hey @Time2Fly, or anyone replacing seatbelts themselves, would you mind sharing your experience removing the interior trim and seatbelt assemblies, with photos? I think this forum’s DIYers (including myself) could benefit from your experience doing that. Taking apart an Emira is going to be new experience for all of us.

My expected "mods" list, in order:
  1. Dealer-applied silicone goo to seal the wiring loom and the blower resistor against water ingress. 9 hour job.
  2. Dealer replacement of the wiring loom and resistor module after the above fails and the car sits for 6-8 weeks awaiting parts. Another 9 hour job.
  3. A second replacement of the same parts with "re-engineered" ones after inevitable re-failure of the originally replaced bits. Yet another 9 hour job. Future durability unknown.
How far off reality do you think this will be, @Kimmax ?

Thanks. Yeah, I used to cross border shop quite regularly before Covid. I agree, it’s convenient living so close to the US when certain companies don’t ship to Canada. I‘d ship parcels to a receiving company in Blaine, WA, just 30 seconds across the border from Vancouver. But, since Seatbelt Planet ships to Canada, I found that more convenient.

Hey @Time2Fly, or anyone replacing seatbelts themselves, would you mind sharing your experience removing the interior trim and seatbelt assemblies, with photos? I think this forum’s DIYers (including myself) could benefit from your experience doing that. Taking apart an Emira is going to be new experience for all of us.

I'm going to send mine complete to safetyrestore.com and have them change the webbing over. So it'll just be unmount / pay / mount.