• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Factory Tour Thread

Welcome and fantastic first post!

Great pictures too and lucky you to get to see the tan leather and sit in a nearly final car. What did you think of the seats?

Could you both post your pics on the Nimbus thread as well for reference, as a few people are following that?

And a polite request to people copying these pictures and re-posting them on other sites - it would be nice to acknowledge the original sources :)
Will post on the other thread now.

Regarding the seats - the leather is really fine/soft good quality leather. The seats were supportive and not too spongey. The leather wasn’t as tightly wrapped on the back of the actual seat cushion as I would’ve expected but would hope more tweaks still to come on this.

Scott Walker was around today and he was pretty confident about Lotus meeting my July build for August delivery date…fingers crossed for everyone.

The colors all looked great. Far better in reality than in pictures. Nimbus is one of my favorites too. Not a simple grey at all with hints of copper in there too. Very nice.
Like Craigio I was there too. There is little to add to other excllent reports of factory visits. Seventeen minutes in each station, a big screen board monitoring overall production. Great to see the red boxes go green. And I would have liked to see more complete cars, however slowly they were moving along the line.
I think the small elephant in the room might well be that this is Lotus a small volume car manufacturer. I can see VW(Lamborghini, Bentley, Porsche, Audi, Seat, Skoda etal) for example, having a massive sway with suppliers. If the supplier has a limited production capacity due to Ukraine/Shanghai lock down there is strong leverage by the large manufacturer for them to insist the suppliers limited product goes to to the big car company. I have no knowledge of this happening here and it was very present in my former work world.

Excellent photos! Maybe the best yet. Quality is looking better each week which is reassuring. Interesting the seat cushion has the contrast black stripe down the middle but the headrest does not. I imagine it will in final production, but I guess only time will tell. Love how classy Nimbus looks.

Reactions: EBZ

Great pictures too and lucky you to get to see the tan leather and sit in a nearly final car. What did you think of the seats?

Could you both post your pics on the Nimbus thread as well for reference, as a few people are following that?

And a polite request to people copying these pictures and re-posting them on other sites - it would be nice to acknowledge the original sources :)

Thanks Tom !

It’s done, I’ve posted there some other photos too, here we are:

Will post soon a google drive link with full resolution pics :)

E20C7124-403C-4AE3-9E07-5F5B1DC54849.jpeg

9A7FE0B4-399E-4F21-AD94-6A5C33698963.jpeg

68BAFDC7-0E1B-4609-A32C-996711AECD02.jpeg

1FF302D1-0BEE-4CB7-B9F6-1343B36AEB02.jpeg

F7C6C046-3011-427A-AD7D-0DCA8A5182D9.jpeg

Hi all !

First of all I want to thank you all for this amazing forum!
So interesting, passionate (sometimes too much) and caring.
Over the past few months, I've read almost every post there.
You are all epic!!

I'm from Belgium and I have a deposit for a V6 Manual nimbus BP (initially for July 22 … no idea when now ). Today I'm driving an M2 and it will be my first Lotus. Very happy to be part soon of this wonderful community.

Just got back (today) from visiting Hethel factory and was lucky enough to see a nimbus grey Emira in the main hall :D
Nick was great and the group was cool too (all Emira depositors) ;)

I took the photos with an iPhone 13 pro, the hall lighting is quite white (so the color is a bit brighter and less warm so the car should be a bit darker on normal cloudy days).

DISCLAIMER: Please note that these pictures look a bit more "silvery" than in the flesh (actually a bit warmer/more "copperish") depending on camera angles/lights (and probably due to image processing of the iPhone?).

To get a better idea of the color tone, I took some pictures with the white Esprit and the Seneca Blue.

PS:
- The ride height is still pre-production (aka Nick): the dampers (or other part) is not the final/production one.
- IMHO the “shut-line” (in the front bonnet) isn’t really an eye-catcher in the flesh even on this light color.
- The car look stunning in all colors

I hope this will help you.

View attachment 6103
View attachment 6104
View attachment 6107
View attachment 6108
View attachment 6109
View attachment 6110
View attachment 6113
View attachment 6112
View attachment 6115
Nicely done. Great way to make an introduction. Welcome!

Reactions: EBZ

@EBZ gave me their blessing to repost on my @v6emira IG. Our quickly growing forum doesn't have any other social presence, does it? Otherwise I'd happily tag and credit as much as possible! 😎

Blessing from the OP is fine, but there’s no acknowledgement in your IG post. A proportion of your material seems to originate from here, so is it possible to name the individuals who provided the pictures and link back to the forum?

That way we also get more Emira enthusiasts joining the discussion on here and contributing too. Winners all round 👍

We’re becoming the first place for a lot of Emira info to be posted, which helps create traffic and more content being posted here first.

Blessing from the OP is fine, but there’s no acknowledgement in your IG post. A proportion of your material seems to originate from here, so is it possible to name the individuals who provided the pictures and link back to the forum?

That way we also get more Emira enthusiasts joining the discussion on here and contributing too. Winners all round 👍

We’re becoming the first place for a lot of Emira info to be posted, which helps create traffic and more content being posted here first.

Sure, but there's no way to add a clickable link in an IG post description.. and referencing a username used on a seperate platform doesn't make any sense. The majority of IG interactions are double tap dopamine triggers that are done and forgotten within fractions of a second. The few good interactions I've had on there with real enthusiasts and other deposit holders who'd be able to contribute to this forum are already well aware of its existence (along with LT, TLF, and various FB groups). I'd really rather not drive just anyone here since this is a valuable resource (early members and top posters are familiar with one another) and last thing we want is the same repeated posts every other car enthusiast forum gets multiple times a day: What's the best intake? How long is the wait? Why not the C8? V6 vs I4... Manual vs automatic.. Blah blah blah.... Save that crap for Facebook.

That being said, I always tag and credit another IG user's pic if I reshare it.

Will post on the other thread now.

Regarding the seats - the leather is really fine/soft good quality leather. The seats were supportive and not too spongey. The leather wasn’t as tightly wrapped on the back of the actual seat cushion as I would’ve expected but would hope more tweaks still to come on this.

Scott Walker was around today and he was pretty confident about Lotus meeting my July build for August delivery date…fingers crossed for everyone.
The seat base cushion and leather still looks very poorly fitted and loose. I hope it’s nice and tight in production.

Sure, but there's no way to add a clickable link in an IG post description.. and referencing a username used on a seperate platform doesn't make any sense. The majority of IG interactions are double tap dopamine triggers that are done and forgotten within fractions of a second. The few good interactions I've had on there with real enthusiasts and other deposit holders who'd be able to contribute to this forum are already well aware of its existence (along with LT, TLF, and various FB groups). I'd really rather not drive just anyone here since this is a valuable resource (early members and top posters are familiar with one another) and last thing we want is the same repeated posts every other car enthusiast forum gets multiple times a day: What's the best intake? How long is the wait? Why not the C8? V6 vs I4... Manual vs automatic.. Blah blah blah.... Save that crap for Facebook.

That being said, I always tag and credit another IG user's pic if I reshare it.
On that basis then, I guess I'm curious why you use other people's content and re-post it there.

It also seems like a simple courtesy to say "pics from EBZ on EmiraForum" to acknowledge the source.

referencing a username used on a seperate platform doesn't make any sense.
For what it's worth, I remember discovering your Instagram page purely by accident last year while following the "#lotusemira" hashtag, and I remember excitedly sending you a DM because I saw you were using one of my renders from LotusTalk as your profile pic and I thought that was super cool. I also remember you going back and tagging me in your post, which gave me warm fuzzies inside: 😊

Re: seats still too much ‘bag’ for my liking

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back