• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Factory Tour Thread

That will be exactly 3 months after the prior media embargo was lifted (Monday 8th March).

And three months after Monday 7th June (6th September), the Emira configurator will have Base Edition options in it. See a pattern here? 🙃

Yes I think you're saying my car enters production on November 7 and gets delivered February 5.

I take some comfort from the fact they are making outbound calls every day to people about delivery options and updating them on their delivery month for July/Aug/Sept. If there was a significant risk of further delays they'd pause that process - as we saw them doing earlier in the year.

The next two weeks are key. They need to start customer car production and start contacting the first delivery people about payments and delivery dates. If they're delivering the rumoured 200-300 cars in July, then the contact needs to be starting by about 10 June. The timing of the 7 June press reviews may be significant and coincide with Lotus announcing customer production has started on 6 June. Fingers crossed.

I take some comfort from the fact they are making outbound calls every day to people about delivery options and updating them on their delivery month for July/Aug/Sept. If there was a significant risk of further delays they'd pause that process - as we saw them doing earlier in the year.

The next two weeks are key. They need to start customer car production and start contacting the first delivery people about payments and delivery dates. If they're delivering the rumoured 200-300 cars in July, then the contact needs to be starting by about 10 June. The timing of the 7 June press reviews may be significant and coincide with Lotus announcing customer production has started on 6 June. Fingers crossed.
@TomE Tom, any idea who the LotusCars contact is on FB / Messenger? I thought it might be PR?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220526-162636_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220526-162636_Messenger.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 46
I'm pretty sure it's PR, not Marketing or Customer Service.

Hi all !

First of all I want to thank you all for this amazing forum!
So interesting, passionate (sometimes too much) and caring.
Over the past few months, I've read almost every post there.
You are all epic!!

I'm from Belgium and I have a deposit for a V6 Manual nimbus BP (initially for July 22 … no idea when now ). Today I'm driving an M2 and it will be my first Lotus. Very happy to be part soon of this wonderful community.

Just got back (today) from visiting Hethel factory and was lucky enough to see a nimbus grey Emira in the main hall :D
Nick was great and the group was cool too (all Emira depositors) ;)

I took the photos with an iPhone 13 pro, the hall lighting is quite white (so the color is a bit brighter and less warm so the car should be a bit darker on normal cloudy days).

DISCLAIMER: Please note that these pictures look a bit more "silvery" than in the flesh (actually a bit warmer/more "copperish") depending on camera angles/lights (and probably due to image processing of the iPhone?).

To get a better idea of the color tone, I took some pictures with the white Esprit and the Seneca Blue.

PS:
- The ride height is still pre-production (aka Nick): the dampers (or other part) is not the final/production one.
- IMHO the “shut-line” (in the front bonnet) isn’t really an eye-catcher in the flesh even on this light color.
- The car look stunning in all colors

I hope this will help you.

2CBF8D39-AFF1-476A-8C07-F29AB2CD31C8.jpeg

EAC7A98D-AF2A-4150-AAAF-1E4CB1FB03F5.jpeg

300BBEC1-F60A-4DD5-9715-7C54FF3D713F.jpeg

D428E4B3-3B8B-408E-B1C1-9429716ED045.jpeg

92DB34BD-6A9A-45F6-B9D1-8F2FEAF6A1F1.jpeg

FC1F1AE5-B60F-4BE1-BD84-FAE9E217C1F3.jpeg

BE41F9C8-52A8-4BA2-BCF0-1AE889F50113.jpeg

2858196B-47E2-4E42-A87F-EA84AFA1A389.jpeg

41E4DCFD-A936-4227-A234-D3C1CF40307F.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi all !

You are all epic!!

I'm from Belgium and I have a deposit for a V6 Manual nimbus BP (initially for July 22 … no idea when now ). Today I'm driving an M2 and it will be my first Lotus. Very happy to be part soon of this wonderful community.

Just got back (today) from visiting Hethel factory and was lucky enough to see a nimbus grey Emira in the main hall :D

I took the photos with an iPhone 13 pro, the hall lighting is quite white (so the color is a bit brighter and less warm so the car should be a bit darker on normal cloudy days).

DISCLAIMER: Please note that these pictures look a bit more "silvery" than in the flesh (actually a bit warmer/more "copperish") depending on camera angles/lights (and probably due to image processing of the iPhone?).

To get a better idea of the color tone, I took some pictures with the white Esprit and the Seneca Blue.

PS:
- The ride height is still pre-production (aka Nick): the dampers (or other part) is not the final/production one.
- IMHO the “shut-line” (in the front bonnet) isn’t really an eye-catcher in the flesh even on this light color.

View attachment 6103
View attachment 6104
View attachment 6107
View attachment 6108
View attachment 6104
View attachment 6107
View attachment 6108
View attachment 6109
View attachment 6110
View attachment 6113
View attachment 6112
View attachment 6115
Hi all !

You are all epic!!

PS:

View attachment 6103
View attachment 6104
View attachment 6107
View attachment 6108
View attachment 6109
View attachment 6110
View attachment 6113
View attachment 6112
View attachment 6115
Met you today on the tour. You got some great photos👍

Hi all !

You are all epic!!

PS:

View attachment 6103
View attachment 6104
View attachment 6107
View attachment 6108
View attachment 6109
View attachment 6110
View attachment 6113
View attachment 6112
View attachment 6115
Loving the photos, thanks for sharing 👍 When looking at the front on shot, two observations; those mirrors look awesome, properly supercar 😍. However, the standard UK no. plate sticks out like a sore thumb. Thinking of getting a 3/4 plate - anybody have experience with them, ie are the old bill likely to leave me alone, or am I just asking to get pulled?

If you get the shortest characters you can, even in the same font, it will make a huge differece.

S1 or L1 would be nice - alas probably 250k each :rolleyes:

I went with Nimbus and red leather. Seeing these first photos of the actual car makes me happy that I chose nimbus. Such a great color.

That WAS my spec on the 2nd Emira.

I think Nimbus + Red & Verdant + Tan are the two best combos.

I went safe with black alcantara on the magma myself.

I went with Nimbus and red leather. Seeing these first photos of the actual car makes me happy that I chose nimbus. Such a great color.

Me too :)

Edit: Brightened these up a little, and reduced the amount of yellow cast from the decor. Also selfishly changed the seats to red :)

1653936772908.png

1653936838498.png

1653936905950.png

1653936925017.png

1653937091151.png

Attachments

• 1653937002259.png
    1653937002259.png
    1 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
The reg I have means I can have standard size font on a 3/4 plate and it will fit - I am hoping that will be ok, but appreciate strictly speaking 3/4 plates are not legal

Please any master of photoshop could paint black roof and pillars but no mirrors painted please

Also add silver wheels ?? 😍

Hi all !

You are all epic!!

PS:

View attachment 6103
View attachment 6104
View attachment 6107
View attachment 6108
View attachment 6109
View attachment 6110
View attachment 6113
View attachment 6112
View attachment 6115
Gorgeous!! 😱😍

Also, these 9 photos are literally the best photos of Nimbus Grey in existence.

Also, I can't believe that I'm seriously considering switching to Nimbus Grey now...

More photos of the nimbus from today! We were allowed to sit inside too so go one of the tan leather!

Attachments

• 87A25177-B237-4D50-A8FD-07AEB8E1BD9A.jpeg
    87A25177-B237-4D50-A8FD-07AEB8E1BD9A.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 296
  • F3C9A189-7CC8-4EDF-AFF1-E4016909FD96.jpeg
    F3C9A189-7CC8-4EDF-AFF1-E4016909FD96.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 213
  • FABD89F3-FB72-4D72-8FBB-B872D6E17CFB.jpeg
    FABD89F3-FB72-4D72-8FBB-B872D6E17CFB.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 28F4A01A-172D-4805-8014-765DEBB6B15F.jpeg
    28F4A01A-172D-4805-8014-765DEBB6B15F.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 45761A1E-3AB0-405B-B938-680D2606298E.jpeg
    45761A1E-3AB0-405B-B938-680D2606298E.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 219
  • AA2B3E9A-488E-409E-9405-DD941C5E7535.jpeg
    AA2B3E9A-488E-409E-9405-DD941C5E7535.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 7B1AD271-8A35-4451-B227-CAE6AC391B4B.jpeg
    7B1AD271-8A35-4451-B227-CAE6AC391B4B.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 300
Hi all !

You are all epic!!

PS:

View attachment 6103
View attachment 6104
View attachment 6107
View attachment 6108
View attachment 6109
View attachment 6110
View attachment 6113
View attachment 6112
View attachment 6115
Welcome and fantastic first post!

More photos of the nimbus from today! We were allowed to sit inside too so go one of the tan leather!

Great pictures too and lucky you to get to see the tan leather and sit in a nearly final car. What did you think of the seats?

Could you both post your pics on the Nimbus thread as well for reference, as a few people are following that?

And a polite request to people copying these pictures and re-posting them on other sites - it would be nice to acknowledge the original sources :)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back