• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Factory Tour Thread

Back on a positive, I know this isn’t necessarily a final production spec car (it’s another GT safety car) but exposed gear linkage present & nice shot of tan interior.

A6C476A8-55BD-4883-91E1-8E417559849D.jpeg

Back on a positive, I know this isn’t necessarily a final production spec car (it’s another GT safety car) but exposed gear linkage present & nice shot of tan interior.

View attachment 5264
Does anyone know where the MT parking switch is located?

View attachment 5264
When I first saw this picture, the color reminded me of the first baseball mitt I got when I was a kid. It was a Rawlings and a Christmas present from my parents. Just seeing the color brought back the memories, especially the smell. That was about 60 years ago, but I can still remember the feel of it when I put my hand in it, how it squeaked, and of course the smell.

It looked somewhat like this except it had a deep web between the thumb and first finger.
Rawlings.jpeg

Our (manual) Mercedes has some electronics such that if you double press on the brake pedal it goes into ”Hold” mode for you which comes off when you pull away. If you are in Hold and switch off it then puts the handbrake / parking brake on for you. It does have a switch under the dash in a similar position to that in the picture so you can manually apply and release the parking brake but the only time I use it is when it’s been parked and I pull away for the first time. Maybe the Emira does similar?

Does anyone know where the MT parking switch is located?
While we’re talking about switches, can anyone tell me where the exhaust valve button is situated - its in the middle on my Cayman, and my wife always turns it off if she’s in the car with me (she calls it the nob knob). I’m hoping it will be beyond her reach in the Emira ….

It's switched as part of the drive mode select and the switch is by the gear shift:

You can tell her the exhaust valve is controlled by the ECU and the drive mode button doesn't directly switch it on and off - which is true :)

I can forgive everything but the steering wheel. I think it was offered and we all felt the same when it disappeared. And that is one thing that could be fixed given the time they’ve had and option to just get it sorted post supply.

This picture still triggers me!View attachment 5240
Yes. I am sure it was offered too. Because I remember being particularly disappointed when it was taken away.

That interior looks so good... And the steering wheel is part of that

Disappointed the gear shifter linkages won’t be exposed. I hope that doesn’t mean they’re going to cheap out with the aesthetic mechanical finish we saw on those parts for those of us who are going to try and expose it.

This car has so much potential. I know we all want a 450hp Emira with carbon and all the exciting bits, but there's certainly room for it to grow. A future Emira GT (or whatever they decide to call it) will surely be $120k+...

There are small cosmetic items I'd like to add such as user controlled ambient lighting colors (including illumination of the exposed shift linkage and engine bay!), carbon seat backs, stitched steering wheel/shift boot, colored seat belts, engine dress up, etc. I plan to custom fab some of these ideas and hope to offer options to fellow Emira owners too.

It's switched as part of the drive mode select and the switch is by the gear shift:

You can tell her the exhaust valve is controlled by the ECU and the drive mode button doesn't directly switch it on and off - which is true :)
Thanks Tom, let’s hope that confuses her enough that she won’t dare press anything 👍

Disappointed the gear shifter linkages won’t be exposed. I hope that doesn’t mean they’re going to cheap out with the aesthetic mechanical finish we saw on those parts for those of us who are going to try and expose it.

I think we should wait for clarification on this point. The "nearly production" Shadow Grey V6 being used as the GT safety car this weekend has got the exposed linkage with mesh exactly as previously seen:

2022-05 British GT safety car 06 Mike Rysiecki.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back