• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First Editions Options vs Base Spec - What options do you consider essential?

Which options would you pick for you Base Emira?

• Total voters
450 BHP upgrade?? Have you heard something we haven't....(always assumed 430 was max on that engine) The Emira at 450 BHP would be a pretty special.

Komotec has "power phases" or packages that take the Evora up to 460-475HP and consist of carbon intake, ss exhaust, o2 spacer (to clear CEL), and their tune. The engine can take a lot more, but the manual gearbox is the weak point. I've been keeping an eye on their Emira power phases page. There is a "EM-475" placeholder that should be similar to their EV4-475 package for the Evora (see chart below). Hopefully we'll get some info soon!

Evora-400-475.jpg

Komotec has "power phases" or packages that take the Evora up to 460-475HP and consist of carbon intake, ss exhaust, o2 spacer (to clear CEL), and their tune. The engine can take a lot more, but the manual gearbox is the weak point. I've been keeping an eye on their Emira power phases page. There is a "EM-475" placeholder that should be similar to their EV4-475 package for the Evora (see chart below). Hopefully we'll get some info soon!

Evora-400-475.jpg
OK yes, but leaving everything else stock - just an ECU tune would be max 430 BHP, no?

Just goes to show who the target market is for the Emira. 50% said heated seats are required and 73% the Convenience Pack is required.

Yeah, "for the drivers"...:rolleyes:
"Drivers" experience cold weather and have to reverse park the bastard too, you know...

I think the seats, audio, and the forged wheels are probably where I'd save some coin, and fit something custom. And a cheeky tune of course.

"Drivers" experience cold weather and have to reverse park the bastard too, you know...
Just drive it so fast that you sh*t yourself and option the tan leather 😉 Saves on the heated seats and you can put the saved money towards driving lessons for your parking skills 😂

The backup camera is a must for the over 40 population unless you've mantained neck flexibility from the 20s!
I'm only 35, so I haven't gotten to that stage yet! Maybe in 10 years I'll change my tune.

Although, I've always just used the mirrors for backing up.

Reactions: ADC
I'm only 35, so I haven't gotten to that stage yet! Maybe in 10 years I'll change my tune.

Although, I've always just used the mirrors for backing up.
I use the mirrors too but was taught to put arm behind passenger seat, twist/look back and break my neck in the process. I'm mid 40s and I'm definitely less flexible.

I use the mirrors too but was taught to put arm behind passenger seat, twist/look back and break my neck in the process. I'm mid 40s and I'm definitely less flexible.
I use (or at least used to use) that technique too. The key aide I was referring to was the sensors rather than the camera... parking by braille in my new Emira sounds expensive 😅

Just goes to show who the target market is for the Emira. 50% said heated seats are required and 73% the Convenience Pack is required.

Give it up. They would surely perish if they built another track car with spotty AC and permanently locked boots. Everyone here has money, buy a base and build it hard, I’d love to follow that thread

As self appointed gatekeeper for “drivers”, could you kindly let Lotus know they’re should abandon any efforts to stay viable as a car company by appealing to a broader audience?

As self appointed gatekeeper for “drivers”, could you kindly let Lotus know they’re should abandon any efforts to stay viable as a car company by appealing to a broader audience?
I don't understand either why folks want Lotus to go bankrupt. It's been proven that the current model doesn't work.

I don't understand either why folks want Lotus to go bankrupt. It's been proven that the current model doesn't work.
Maybe some would rather see a company die off than change — as it somehow poses a threat to their identity.

Anyway back to topic:

If I were building a base car, and since there isn’t too much of a weight difference between base and FE, I’d focus on the things that might matter to me as a budget minded driver: looks and feel.

That means driver and design packs, and the rest I could modify as I see fit over time.

Give it up. They would surely perish if they built another track car with spotty AC and permanently locked boots. Everyone here has money, buy a base and build it hard, I’d love to follow that thread

The issue is not with Lotus offering these things. The issue is that the people are considering heated seats equally as important as forged wheels (about 50% for each). Hello, but you're still buying a Lotus and you should ABSOLUTELY require forged wheels since it makes the car lighter, and if you're buying a Lotus a lightweight car should be very important to you.

The other issue is that MORE people consider the Convivence package a requirement over the Drivers pack. Think about that for a second.

Maybe it's just me, but I want my sports cars to be sports cars, not a commuter.

The results of the poll doesn't say anything about Lotus...it says everything about today's buyers.

But I'M buying this Lotus for the looks. I won't be tracking it. I won't notice an 8lb weight savings with forged wheels. But I will notice other driver focused things like heated seats and lane departure warning.

I want a fun car to drive that looks like a mini Ferrari. Ya, I said it. Lotus handling is a bonus, but since I've never experienced ANY Lotus before, I have no idea what I'm missing. But I will be comparing it to other cars I've had, so it better be just as accommodating.

The issue is not with Lotus offering these things. The issue is that the people are considering heated seats equally as important as forged wheels (about 50% for each). Hello, but you're still buying a Lotus and you should ABSOLUTELY require forged wheels since it makes the car lighter, and if you're buying a Lotus a lightweight car should be very important to you.

The other issue is that MORE people consider the Convivence package a requirement over the Drivers pack. Think about that for a second.

Maybe it's just me, but I want my sports cars to be sports cars, not a commuter.

The results of the poll doesn't say anything about Lotus...it says everything about today's buyers.
Plenty of people want a car that does it all. The lack of drivers pack is heavily influenced by those who don’t care for the stiffer suspension and increased low speed compression dampers as their roads are garbage.

As for forged wheels, the fronts weigh about 25 lbs and the rears weigh about 30 lbs respectively, I’d hardly call that light weight. You’re better off going aftermarket 18” wheels with a good load rating if you want light weight wheels.

For me, the big draw of the forged wheels isn't how light they are. It's more about how strong they are. That can make all the difference regarding having to replace a bent wheel or not on terrible roads with low profile 20s. And they look awesome.

This is the point of options on a car isn't it? So you can build it to your own requirements?

I was driving an elise when you were still shitting yellow, I'm older and wealthier now so yeah, I want fookin heated seats and reverse cameras but I'll take them with forged wheels as well, I should he ashamed of myself 😄