• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First Editions Options vs Base Spec - What options do you consider essential?

Which options would you pick for you Base Emira?

• Total voters
The major price increase definetly has an effect on which options are considered essential. For me, it comes down to the Design pack (w/ privacy) and the Driver's Pack (w/ sport).

Heated tan nappa, open gear mesh, steering wheel with red stripe, kef and alacantara headliner are all highly desired in that order but non essential.

I left out a few things, but you need most of it imo.

How are they selling a sports car with no track mode?!?

There will be nothing worse than spending all that money, sitting in the car with loads of blank button covers, missing menu items, missing style and missing car modes!

I left out a few things, but you need most of it imo.

How are they selling a sports car with no track mode?!?

There will be nothing worse than spending all that money, sitting in the car with loads of blank button covers, missing menu items, missing style and missing car modes!
I can't help thinking that most base models will end up, especially with the price rises, the same money as the original fe price just with less spec

That said there's hardly any buttons in the car to blank and you could easily spend £60k plus on a cayman with no sport mode let alone no track mode!

I can't help thinking that most base models will end up, especially with the price rises, the same money as the original fe price just with less spec

That said there's hardly any buttons in the car to blank and you could easily spend £60k plus on a cayman with no sport mode let alone no track mode!
Yeah I think base people need to prepare themselves. It’s going to sting. If I had a base order I would cancel it until I get some hard numbers and delivery dates. Could be waiting yet another year and pay even more than we are estimating today! Then finance costs on top could be another 1-2% higher than where we are too.

Porsche is a bit crazy tbh. I looked at the GT4 to replace the emira as I wasn’t sure if I would just cancel, but the options on it send it into £100k. I know you can leave things out, but feel wrong to spend a ton of money and not have everything you want

parking sensors is the only option I’d really care about tbh

Yeah I think base people need to prepare themselves. It’s going to sting. If I had a base order I would cancel it until I get some hard numbers and delivery dates. Could be waiting yet another year and pay even more than we are estimating today! Then finance costs on top could be another 1-2% higher than where we are too.

Porsche is a bit crazy tbh. I looked at the GT4 to replace the emira as I wasn’t sure if I would just cancel, but the options on it send it into £100k. I know you can leave things out, but feel wrong to spend a ton of money and not have everything you want
As someone who's been on a list for the base for a year now (missed the FE cutoff so switched dealers), in the #160's when I was first added to the list, that's exactly the reason I don't want to jump off quite yet.
You cancel your Emira order now, you may very well be buying used. If that's OK with you, then fine. But I'd really like to spec my own and have it brand new.
I realize the prices are going to keep climbing and I do have a cut off point. Not sure quite what it is yet. But getting my $5k deposit back won't do me much good either, so I might as well just hang in there a bit longer. But these delays are annoying. Luckily I have something else to enjoy until then.

The good news is that for that extra money, we'll likely get a well-sorted car without the electronic glitches being experienced by many of the early-takers. And at 80 miles from the nearest dealership, that extra money may be well worth it in the long run.

The good news is that for that extra money, we'll likely get a well-sorted car without the electronic glitches being experienced by many of the early-takers. And at 80 miles from the nearest dealership, that extra money may be well worth it in the long run.
Exactly. What's the "personal cost" of the early model frustrations and all the anxiety that folks projects here?

On an emira? You wouldn't want any of the driver goodies? Sport diff, driver modes etc? Think that would be a hard car to sell on
Genuinely. That’s the only things that adds anything truly useful. Everything else is pointless. You can remove traction control in any mode anyway. If you really think about it parking sensors are the only thing truly different everything else is just a sprinkling of glitter and that’s coming from someone getting an FE 😂

parking sensors is the only option I’d really care about tbh
you wouldn't care about Track Mode?
Genuinely. That’s the only things that adds anything truly useful. Everything else is pointless. You can remove traction control in any mode anyway. If you really think about it parking sensors are the only thing truly different everything else is just a sprinkling of glitter and that’s coming from someone getting an FE 😂
The sport and track modes do more than just lower traction control… if you are trying to pick the bare minimum spec, this is the single add on you need. Else you are just buying a car that looks nice, and not to drive in the way you would want to drive it.

I still think it’s bonkers spending this amount of money for a base car with nothing on it.

you wouldn't care about Track Mode?

The sport and track modes do more than just lower traction control… if you are trying to pick the bare minimum spec, this is the single add on you need. Else you are just buying a car that looks nice, and not to drive in the way you would want to drive it.

I still think it’s bonkers spending this amount of money for a base car with nothing on it.
Track mode does what? Open the valve? You can do that removing a fuse…. And then lessens traction control which you can turn off anyway. “Track mode” adds nothing and would not allow you to out drive someone without track mode on a track

Track mode isn’t the same as turning traction control off. It adjusts the stability control programme to optimise grip vs understeer vs throttle as you go through a corner. It will make most drivers noticeably quicker than in Sport or with TC off.

Guess it would depend on the individual, I've got my FE and there's nothing I'm thinking I wouldn't want 😄

Not to mention track mode includes the track instrument cluster with shift lights. As frivolous as it sounds, I need that!

Guess it would depend on the individual, I've got my FE and there's nothing I'm thinking I wouldn't want 😄
Yea each to their own. If I had to spec a base though I honestly wouldn’t worry. I’m just glad because I’m getting an FE and now there’s a price rise the cost difference between a base spec and a pre rise FE isn’t that different

Last edited:
I would also like the ADAS feature of a "Lane Change Sensor", which is listed as being available on the Base Models when they arrive. Yes I use the Side View Mirrors, yet in a quick crunch, having the warning light is a plus!

Is the limited slip diff part of the base spec, or an option?