First Emira has hit BaT

The new Z was an extremly anticipated car. This comment was more about dealer added markups. When I tried to get one the dealer was asking almost double msrp. The problem was once released fans expected Nismo level performace on the base model. It looks great and is a legit cool car. But the hardcore fans were disapointed and either sold it or decided to wait for the Nismo version.
When I last dropped in to look they had no Nismo Z’s but 5 std. versions and offered them below MSRP. So after the market spoke I could buy two for the price of one with ADM.
I like the Z this was more about the perils of ADM’s. And flipper culture.
It would not suprize me at all if I add one to my line up one day. If there was a failure it was nissans marketing dept. The car itself at MSRP is good..

Nissan thought they could create some buzz with scarcity and ADM, but were wrong. The new Z is just not good enough. The design isn't wow enough, the performance isn't wow enough. It's a cool car, but not that special. I think the new Supra was far more special of a car design-wise and dynamically and didn't deal with the unreasonable ADM situation. too bad because the original 300Z and the 240Zs before it were awesome cars. They both had iconic designs and strong performance value. The newer Zs not so much.

Nissan thought they could create some buzz with scarcity and ADM, but were wrong. The new Z is just not good enough. The design isn't wow enough, the performance isn't wow enough. It's a cool car, but not that special. I think the new Supra was far more special of a car design-wise and dynamically and didn't deal with the unreasonable ADM situation. too bad because the original 300Z and the 240Zs before it were awesome cars. They both had iconic designs and strong performance value. The newer Zs not so much.
I agree with you on the regular Z. But get behind the wheel of Nismo Z and your performance is definitely WOW. Alot of bang for the buck at $66k IMO

My wife was original owner on a 2003 350z Enthusiast which we got for $28k (~47k in $ today, methinks). There's nothing we didn't like about that car and IMHO one of the best exhaust sounds from a V6 of humble origins.

I think Cammissa recently said that 47k was the average price of a new car sold in the US last year. So while the Z could still be the above-average performance for average price (it's legend), I just didn’t get excited by the new one. Well, apart from the call-back of the rear end with 90s era inspired taillights, that was way cool!

I called the dealer right before they hit the market and was told they wanted $40k ADM. :ROFLMAO:
Greedy dealers. Unfortunately I had to pay $5k over for the 2023 Z. It was the first load of Z's to hit the US market and the beginning of summer. But on Nismo Z I got $4k off MSRP. The dealer was trying to get ADM while we were in the middle of winter and the car market was dropping like a hot potato. Kind of back fired on them as they sat on it for a few months and needed to move it out.

Well that was disappointing 😕
Hopefully you do better with Manheim

Well that was disappointing 😕
Hopefully you do better with Manheim
Yeah, I have a feeling mine will be the last one you see on BaT for a long time. That's 4 low results in a row and it takes 3-5 weeks to go live after paying the listing fee; I highly doubt anyone would be interested in listing there.

It's one hell of a car for the money. It is without question the best car Lotus has ever made! You have to take the flaws of a Lotus car for granted, they have always been like that. Take the looks, the driving, how special both are...and this is the most desirable Lotus now and in the future. It's the last one before the business will close shop.

And as said, great value for money!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back