• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Forever cars

The DB9 is my car dream, the next-in-the-row forever car. I'm sure I "must" buy it one day. But my idea is a car with less kms and when possible, after the facelift with LED-daylights. Thanks anyway!
I agree with you.
Although the 100k kms in this engine seem like nothing.
The problem is to find one that you can trust has been well maintained.
Thanks for your interest, I´m here whenever you want to test it.
Bring along the Emira before my Auto Emira will arrive, you have plenty of time for that ! 😜

You're welcome to advertise it on Marketplace:
Thanks @TomE
I might place a link to the ad in Marketplace if anyone is interested.
Mostly for our European or American members, It's LHD

I agree with you.
Although the 100k kms in this engine seem like nothing.
The problem is to find one that you can trust has been well maintained.
Thanks for your interest, I´m here whenever you want to test it.
Bring along the Emira before my Auto Emira will arrive, you have plenty of time for that ! 😜

I thought it was farther away... ;)

1671297290044.png

Moderator note: moved from another thread to start a new topic

This got me thinking: what's an example of a forever car? Do you (or others here) personally own any forever cars?
Sigh, I've owned a few "forever" cars. I thought my first car, a Datsun 510 was it. Had to trade it for kids and a wife. Years later I got one of the first 350zs. Started to fall apart right after warranty. Then the "new" 05 Mustang GT. Had to get rid of it to make room for my real "forever" car, a group IV Pantera. Turned out not to be the dream after all so sold it for a c6Z06. Put 12 really fun years on that car but fixed it up to the point it was a pain dealing with tuners and mechanics so I sold it and thought I was done with sports cars. 2years later, like STDs I couldn't shake the bug and plopped down my deposit on the Emira as my real, final forever car. Now I'm not so sure this is it...."forever" shouldn't apply to the wait...:)

Yes, that’s my car. In the garage at Silverstone. Andrej is a brilliant photographer. The lighting took ages.

View attachment 20336
View attachment 20335
Fantastic S1 you have there Tom, and the Alpine White S2 lurking behind (on the lift) in the second photograph is a great way of capturing the allure of the early versions of the Exige.

Those are some lovely photographs. (y)

Like many on here, I have already parted with my forever car (964 RS Lightweight), but the Exige S RGB is a worthy successor. I am not expecting the Emira to stack up against those two in the same way they did when I first got them, but then again I am looking for a different, a more relaxed experience, but time till tell...

The car has a DeMan Motorsport 4.5L stroker and 2-5 gears shortened. It makes 570ish HP and 450ish TQ at the engine. Pulls in gear similarly if not a little quicker than my former 458 Italia.
Wow
Amazing. No video of it in action I guess?