• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Free Lowering with factory setting VS. GRP lowering kit

675430VME

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I love everything about my Emira except it sits a little too high for my taste and the suspension is a little bit too jumpy for street use in my case. So for those who are not aware, our blistein shocks come with 3 ride height settings. Mine is a sport suspension which sits at the highest, by moving to the lowest, will give me 10mm lowering.
1e344a5fc3318befe5aac01b85b5d02a.jpg

This is how it looks like with 10mm lowering, which I think it looks much better!

IMG_5870.jpg

But still I am hoping to just lower slightly more to give that very aggressive look so I ordered the GRP lowering kit. It is able to give me that extra 5mm I am hoping for, and it does the job. Quality is good and very easy to install. Now I am sitting 15mm lowering than stock and I am happy with it. Ride quality is not big of a difference but since the spring rate has been decreased, the ride is a little softer which is perfect for me for street driving, a nice surprise with a smoother ride.

IMG_5893.jpg
IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5904.JPG

With a 12mm spacer now its perfect, however I wont recommended it if you do track a lot, as cornering is a little soft comparing to the stock setup.

IMG_5871.jpg
IMG_5875.jpg

I love everything about my Emira except it sits a little too high for my taste and the suspension is a little bit too jumpy for street use in my case. So for those who are not aware, our blistein shocks come with 3 ride height settings. Mine is a sport suspension which sits at the highest, by moving to the lowest, will give me 10mm lowering.
View attachment 52401

This is how it looks like with 10mm lowering, which I think it looks much better!

View attachment 52402

But still I am hoping to just lower slightly more to give that very aggressive look so I ordered the GRP lowering kit. It is able to give me that extra 5mm I am hoping for, and it does the job. Quality is good and very easy to install. Now I am sitting 15mm lowering than stock and I am happy with it. Ride quality is not big of a difference but since the spring rate has been decreased, the ride is a little softer which is perfect for me for street driving, a nice surprise with a smoother ride.

View attachment 52403View attachment 52404

View attachment 52405

With a 12mm spacer now its perfect, however I wont recommended it if you do track a lot, as cornering is a little soft comparing to the stock setup.

View attachment 52406View attachment 52407
Great write-up, and love the Batman spec!

Not a fan in general of the matte look, but that is a SWEET ride.

Take my like.

Wait.. what? This is news to me that the Bilsteins at height adjustable.. 🤔
Yea, and I forgot what the technical name is for that little ring. It's adjustable in the sense that it is possible. Doing so requires taking off the eyelet at the top and removing the springs and perches, I believe.

My take is that if you are going through all the trouble of doing that, you might as well just get a set of GRP lowering sleeves so you can have a wider range of adjustability, and being able to actually adjust without taking it all apart again.

Yea, and I forgot what the technical name is for that little ring. It's adjustable in the sense that it is possible. Doing so requires taking off the eyelet at the top and removing the springs and perches, I believe.

My take is that if you are going through all the trouble of doing that, you might as well just get a set of GRP lowering sleeves so you can have a wider range of adjustability, and being able to actually adjust without taking it all apart again.
You don't have to remove the eyelet using the ring placement, but you do if switching to the GRP kit

Not a fan in general of the matte look, but that is a SWEET ride.

Take my like.
I used to not liking the matte look in the past, but now I have three cars that are matte, its strange how our perception changes over time.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back